Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ships break if avatar isn't onboard

This is a new one: my ship went up into orbit, and then just stayed fixed in space as if it was stuck on something and unable to move once it left the planet. Taking the helm didn't do anything, and any input was including thrust. Cycling power on the ship didn't do anything. This issue persists through the save game. Welp, at least the ship didn't fly off into deep space.

I noticed this as well. It seems to happen every time a ship move saway from the player and occasionally even when there is an active player character on-board (though it may have happened when I swiched to another character and back)

Summary: All ships break and freeze if the player isn't on-board during any mission

When sending orders through the "Crew" and "Fleet" chat channels to a ship I have the captain berth on, and the ship has all crew and officer berths filled, the crew ignores the orders. They are added to the ship's mission, but the crew doesn't carry them out until I return to the ship and then hold/reactivate the mission. The F9 window doesn't have this problem, and the issue is 100% reproducible, can transfer the save if needed

Update: Weirdly it seems to work if I'm on board the ship when I send the orders, and the problem only occurs if I'm outside, seems like the nav console crew member never plots the course if I'm not there
Update 2: This also happens if you issue an order while on-board the ship through the F9 Mission UI, and then leave the ship while the order is being executed, the ship stops moving entirely, returning to the ship doesn't fix this, the game needs to be restarted once the ship is put into this "locked" state
What even

Dumb question, but better safe than sorry : does the officer get the con ?

Yep, officer announces the order tasks if I'm on the ship and use the F9 mission UI to give them
What even

Update: This also happens if you issue an order while on-board the ship through the F9 Mission UI, and then leave the ship while the order is being executed, the ship stops moving entirely
Returning to the ship doesn't fix this, the game needs to be restarted once the crew AI is put into this "locked" state
What even

This also happens if you switch characters while onboard
note: It would seem in my experience with this it doesn't just ignore the orders it freezes the ship because i have had this happen and cant pilot the craft manually.

These are some things that sometimes work to fix the crew/ship:
Telling all crew to come to you then return to stations
logging out of game and back into the character on the ship
recalling to the ship while already onboard
switching characters a few times sometimes also get the ship unstuck.

Bumping this as despite the recent dark matter change, this bug makes any form of automated ship mission completely useless, and makes ships generally very annoying
What even

Related, if not duplicate:

https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2885

I'm experiencing this too.

I ordered ship A (with an officer) to fly to a system using wormholes. I captained ship B, gave an order to follow ship A. Ship A flies off for about 20 sec, slows down and stops. Ship A reports their mission correctly. When I restart, ship A flies for 20 sec, and stops.

Link to save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zReklMA...share_link

Edit: Ah beans. On that save I beamed to the bugged ship, so to replicate the bug, you'd need to recall home to ship B. Sorru!