Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No NPC dialogue during "Dangerous Exchange"
Having done the first Relic story quest, everything worked fine with the dialogue of the ParcX delivery guy. 
However, I've just started and completed the "Dangerous Exchange" story mission, and there was no dialogue at all through it. This means that the sector Dr. Xian is supposed to reveal never happened, despite having completed the story mission by acquiring the ring. The hostile NPC also said nothing before and after spawning. I have all comms channels open and set to display on-screen:
[Image: kKwn7gd.png]
[Image: vGSUcWt.png]

Can provide a save with the story active if needed
What even
That save would get me right to the problem. Thanks.
Here you go, hope it helps:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19459QTy...sp=sharing

Should load in right in front of Dr Xian
What even
I’ll check it out.

I just realized that I forgot to recompile the story scripts after adding some functions to the story engine. That is most likely the problem.

I’ll fix it right away in the morning.
My guess was gonna be the issue of them being inside the building while the avatar is outside. That makes you unable to hear voice chat too last I checked.

Another note for the Dangerous Exchange story. It can some times be hard to find the ring after the bullfrog ran off with it and died. Again this might be due to building blueprint used and locations of spawned NPCs.

I will make a new bug report if I run into the issue, just figured I would mention these.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
You cannot hear Dr. Xian because she is speaking in an airless environment.
I updated the story script to require a breathable atmosphere on the world that has the university.

I also updated the story to include the name of the world with the university in the letter.
Ah, didn't realize voice chat was affected by that, thank you for the help!
What even