Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0 Births In City

Not sure if I am missing something here, 

I started a new game on "Lost Atlantis game start"

Eventually found a system I wanted to stay at, built up all the necessary things, Food, houses, airport, captial, flag, grocery, cantina, ect.. unloaded the 100 Cryo people, morale is at 7 , there is around 250 homes 150 jobs , I let the game run for 8 hours and had 0 births, no travelers arrived, and I am not even sure if there is a sentient species in the wild here as I haven't seen a camp, 

I completely lost as to why there is 0 population growth, it has been mentioned that it could be related to the freeze of manufacturing bug that is prominent after changing scenes, however I have just let the game run for another 2 hours and there is still no growth.

(01-03-2023, 03:59 AM)Rustydaz Wrote: Not sure if I am missing something here, 

I started a new game on "Lost Atlantis game start"

Eventually found a system I wanted to stay at, built up all the necessary things, Food, houses, airport, captial, flag, grocery, cantina, ect.. unloaded the 100 Cryo people, morale is at 7 , there is around 250 homes 150 jobs , I let the game run for 8 hours and had 0 births, no travelers arrived, and I am not even sure if there is a sentient species in the wild here as I haven't seen a camp, 

I completely lost as to why there is 0 population growth, it has been mentioned that it could be related to the freeze of manufacturing bug that is prominent after changing scenes, however I have just let the game run for another 2 hours and there is still no growth.

Save and restart the game. If it suddenly starts working after then yeah it's related to that other bug like you said.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Seeing a few of these bug reports from various users, if its down to the same bug we've been experiencing then it may indicate a fundamental bug, therefore hopefully something easier to find in code and fix ? Im sure DeanTwo or haxus can advise, could this be related to the similar threads of processes locking at 00:00 and characters / world going into a semi local limbo state.

Huh  Was thinking could this be the local client starship reacting to issues as if it were playing on a server ie stops process, character, animations and waits for a reset like a server crash / reset ? but instead of us seeing the usual warping animation as is standard for limbo on MMO server, we now get the delight of 'interacting' or at least seeing the world in this state as its running local and not on an IP server ? Just a thought.
'To find me, look to the Eastern Skies and follow the trail of blood' 

This is the Save Game
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/q80938508...kt49jk71qs

On the surface is the city that has 100 pop.

(01-03-2023, 05:03 PM)ZombieOverlord9 Wrote: Seeing a few of these bug reports from various users, if its down to the same bug we've been experiencing then it may indicate a fundamental bug, therefore hopefully something easier to find in code and fix ? Im sure DeanTwo or haxus can advise, could this be related to the similar threads of processes locking at 00:00 and characters / world going into a semi local limbo state.

Huh  Was thinking could this be the local client starship reacting to issues as if it were playing on a server ie stops process, character, animations and waits for a reset like a server crash / reset ? but instead of us seeing the usual warping animation as is standard for limbo on MMO server, we now get the delight of 'interacting' or at least seeing the world in this state as its running local and not on an IP server ? Just a thought.

Yep same bug. As for Starship and this bug, it's something very new. The previous major build of Hazeron Starship from 2021 did not have these issues. There has been a bunch of changes and most likely one of them caused this. It could be the garbage collection code, or it could be an issue with how the decay code was removed or really any of the recent changes. 

Give it time, Haxus will track it down.

(01-04-2023, 02:26 AM)Rustydaz Wrote: This is the Save Game
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/q80938508...kt49jk71qs

On the surface is the city that has 100 pop.

I loaded up the save. It started populating right away for me. I'll let it run and see if it stalls. 

When you quit and restarted was the bug still presistant?

UPDATE:

It ran fine for me. I would suggest trying this to see what happens. Go to F-12 Settings page and clear out your cache and restart the game. 

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-j-SDLzzuqj-N.png]

I had played around most the day yesterday trying to see if I can get the population to rise , with no luck, so I have reloaded many Times,
I will definitely try the cache clearing and update if it worked or not.

Looks like I have already been doing that manually, I have deleted that folder on many occasions,

Did it again through the game and restarted, no growth so far,

So just to clarify, when you loaded the save , your population went up from the 100? And your using the current version of starship?

Two more hours of the game running and still only 100 pop

(01-05-2023, 01:24 AM)Rustydaz Wrote: Looks like I have already been doing that manually, I have deleted that folder on many occasions,

Did it again through the game and restarted, no growth so far,

So just to clarify, when you loaded the save , your population went up from the 100? And your using the current version of starship?

Correct. I loaded it up and it did continue normally.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]