Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Hazeron Starship] Increased Character Slots

A limited set of characters makes sense for an MMO, but for single player, it would be nice to be unbounded.  I enjoy the galactic roleplay capability of Starship.  Creating a multi-species empire has taken all of the character slots!
An example is Spore.  You have an essentially unlimited number of empires you can create in the singular galaxy.
It probably adds to the complexity of the data for the save though.  Perhaps we could show a warning when attempting to create more than a recommended number of characters?  That would allow players to opt into a less than optimal experience.  It could probably also start with the customary 6 slots and then as the slots are filled, append another empty one to the list.

(01-02-2023, 12:25 AM)Chronovore Wrote: A limited set of characters makes sense for an MMO, but for single player, it would be nice to be unbounded.  I enjoy the galactic roleplay capability of Starship.  Creating a multi-species empire has taken all of the character slots!
An example is Spore.  You have an essentially unlimited number of empires you can create in the singular galaxy.
It probably adds to the complexity of the data for the save though.  Perhaps we could show a warning when attempting to create more than a recommended number of characters?  That would allow players to opt into a less than optimal experience.  It could probably also start with the customary 6 slots and then as the slots are filled, append another empty one to the list.

I support this.