Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022-12-28 Hazeron Starship

(12-30-2022, 03:30 PM)Haxus Wrote: Send email for a beta key.

I'll send an email to hss.support@... (Email from your about page).Hope I remember the right gaming Name + EMail.

(12-30-2022, 01:06 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 03:49 PM)Haxus Wrote: Someone (can't remember who) commented that their trek to the center of the galaxy created a lot of sectors that made solo game loads take a long time. After a week, all those excess sectors would go away and their load time would drop a lot.
(12-29-2022, 11:45 PM)QuakeIV Wrote: Do you suppose you could just garbage collect systems immediately if the player leaves and there is nothing left behind there? (IE buildings or items, et cetera)

Yeah a week seems a little long, especially if we are talking real time. Decaying an empty sector the moment it is outside of a player's super-sector seems fine. Especially if decaying and re-generating the sector doesn't take more than a few seconds.

Yep that was me. My trek from the edge to the core blew my save game up to just above 500MB one way. 

Haxus Wrote:I will eliminate the week delay. That was to prevent removing and recreating sectors in areas where people regularly pass through

Nice! That will help immensely.

Honestly this is the best part of 2022 for me right now.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]