Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolite ???
Ok so I have a solar system that I like however I just can not find any Bolite in Frigid zones or in surrounding systems with frigid zones.  Is this possible ??? or Am I missing something ??? And if im not missing something is my only option at this point is traveling direct to a new system ???

Any help would be greatly helpful, really!

Thanks from your friendly alien neighboring species!  

Laywn - New World Order
(08-05-2022, 07:34 PM)Laywn Wrote: Ok so I have a solar system that I like however I just can not find any Bolite in Frigid zones or in surrounding systems with frigid zones.  Is this possible ??? or Am I missing something ??? And if im not missing something is my only option at this point is traveling direct to a new system ???

Any help would be greatly helpful, really!

Thanks from your friendly alien neighboring species!  

Laywn - New World Order

Been forever since I've been able to play, but if I remember correctly, I think there's 2 forms of faster than light travel, wormhole drive and warp drive, and they require different things to make.

To answer your first question with an actual answer, yes it is entirely possible.
It would be exceedingly rare to have zero bolite in any connected system, but not entirely impossible if you've got some 'only sun' systems surrounding ya. Are you overlooking gas giants? My current best scanned Bolite, that has enough for me to find, is on a gas giant. I'm using a station with a large prospecting bay to extract it, rather than purely mines, then giving it to the system via repeating 'sell cargo' / and 'buy cargo: hydrogen' just in case it refills too slowly on its own. Much easier IMO. Need a pretty large one to make it efficient though, and an amped up hydrogen refinery to feed it.
Bolite shouldn't be too rare, it should be on most non-moon worlds in the frigid orbit zone.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Bolite

But what do you mean when you say you can't find any? Have none of your system surveys found bolite? Or do you mean you can't find actual sources on the worlds?

(08-05-2022, 07:34 PM)Laywn Wrote: And if im not missing something is my only option at this point is traveling direct to a new system ???

I mean, if you for some reason refuse to use the wormhole FTl drives, then yes. But deadheading to neighboring solar systems isn't that bad.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Wormhole_Drive
And: hazeron.com/wiki/Deadhead
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Thank you everyone for your help. I happen to find some just a bit farther then i wanted. So staying on topic which leads to the next question. Gas giants! because of my limited QT level, how would you go about creating a base on a gas giant atmosphere? Dome first? but what about airports? I thought that they have to stay outside a dome? And what builds do you recommend in a base for mining at its minimum balanced moral. Do I have to build a city or just a base? I seems when I build a city it keeps asking for more structures. I'm looking to create a mining base that i can still see on my city listing but I dont want to declare it a city. Ive read the Wiki but still seems a bit confusing to me.
(08-06-2022, 01:34 PM)Laywn Wrote: I'm looking to create a mining base that i can still see on my city listing but I dont want to declare it a city.

We usually refer to a non-city as a "colony", since a "base" is normally a military base.

A colony is basically just a few buildings without a capitol building. An airport terminal, a power plant, the desired industry buildings, and enough homes to supply everything with workers.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Colony

Constructing a biodome is usually a waste, just use building blueprints that have life support and it won't be an issue. This is especially true for moons and gas giants, since their building volume limits are very low.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Colonizing_Tips
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Heart 
Hey frigid lets go bowling
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]