Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-09-07 Star Map
Star Map Spacecraft in XML
Spacecraft should be exported to the XML file.

Spacecraft are now exported to the XML file.

As Deantwo said, that file is generated on the client, using the information in your current star map.

Star Map Spacecraft Sensors
Spacecraft reports do not say if they have sensors but the information is known to the star map.

The spacecraft status reports on the star map now say if a spacecraft has sensors.

Star Map Spacecraft Company vs Fleet
Spacecraft reports do not say if the ship is a company or fleet spacecraft.

Spacecraft status reports on the star map now indicate if the ship is company or fleet. Company spacecraft are sorted after fleet spacecraft, in each empire. Here is the sort field precedence: empire name, ownership (fleet then company), structure (starships, spaceships, then stations), ship name.
(09-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: I downloaded my entire star map of ~500 sectors, then requeried a sector. The result was quick, as expected.

Maybe this is be is because I use the standalone starmap, and I some times cancel the first loading bar. I could just be confusing the two.
Maybe this can be made better?

(09-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: Signal strength color should be the same as the solar system dot, or yellow if it is unexplored.

This is an explored system that I have old-style cities in.

(09-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: The 3x3x3 checkbox is handy if you have not explored the neighboring sectors. If you clear the map and query for sectors, you are left with just a few with no other way to get them back until you explore them. That's what the check box is for, to add them to the star map even though you have not explored them.

Shouldn't it then be called "include nearby unexplored sectors" or something? Would make more sense.
Or just make it always be enabled. I cannot think of a single a good reason not to always get the surrounding 3³ sectors.

(09-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: Timestamp was supposed to be localized based on your settings. It looks quite different on my computer.

It isn't using the format I set in Windows, so don't know where it is getting it from. Anyway, minor issue I guess.

(09-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Haxus Wrote: Spacecraft only update their positions every 10 minutes. Your local star map does not update until you refresh the data with a new query. It is potentially too much information to maintain live.

I was in the other system for over an hour, and I refreshed the starmap multiple times to check it. Even after client restart is it wrong.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Actually, 3x3x3 is probably the most useful map. IMHO.
Server Deadlock
A server deadlocked. When I killed it, the deadlock moved to another server. This cannot be ignored until Monday.

Fixed a mutex error in the CallTurboLift function.

Star Map Spacecraft Positions
Spacecraft positions do not change when they move, even after refreshing the local star map.

Fixed an error when accumulating status updates from spacecraft.

Star Map Query Loses Selection
When I perform a star map query, my current selection is lost.

Selection and tree branch expansion now stored/restored when star map updated.

Star Map XML Export Progress
The XML exporter could use a progress control.

Progress control added to XML export process.

Star Map Signal Strength
The signal strength bars have no indication of their potential length.

Signal strength bars now have a background to make their range visible. Also fixed a blending error that caused the bars to lose their edge shading.

Star Map Extra Load
When I refresh my star map, I have to wait through two long progress bars.

Postponed star map update on invisible star map window (the one on the tabbed window or the stand alone window, whichever you weren't using). The window now updates when it becomes visible, if needed.