Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship issues - Hazeron Starship
First of all, I am not sure if all of these are bugs or intended mechanics, but I am pretty sure not all of this was intended.

1. Officered or not, a ship can not leave the player's presence.
Easily reproducible: when you have a main city and moonbase. Send ship parked in your city with or without an officer to land at city/orbit above city moon base. Stay in your city and one of these things will happen:
The helmsman stops responding to orders. Sometimes can be fixed by takin them off the station and ordering them to take the station, other times not.
Ship will be stuck in space or linear movement unable to change heading or speed.
Restarting the game does fix both issues, if you are on the ship when it loads in. This happened to me with my designs and the basic design starships. Also happens when you switch to another character, even if that character's ship is following or being followed by your character's ship

2. Transferring crew to another starship using the transfer window breaks the officer
This may be an issue with my design as i don't remember this happening with the basic designs, although I haven't been using the basic design model for as long and usually upgraded to one of mine. This also may be the same issue as 1. as it involves moving between "scenes" let's call it.
Whne I transfer crew (+officers and troops) to another the crew  usually takes up stations immediately, however the officer remains stuck on his/her berth unable to move even when ordered to.  I can try to set-up a save where this is easily tested.

3. This is probably intended, but the crew don't want to fly to gas giant (core or floating/hovering) cities

4. Having the sensor console open causes the game to crash itermittently.
I used to use the sensor console as a go-to when I didn't want to interfer with ship operations, but did want to occasionally check the mission status and so I didn't hwave to switch to it when exploring. The game rather frequently, sometimes after a couple of hours, other times within 10 minutes crashed to desktop without an error message. Ever since I installed a mission status pannel and don't do much exploring the game crashed twice. The crashes when the sensor console opened seem to not be related to wether or not the ship was moving as this happened when I was parked at my station with the sensor console open.

5. Waiting to spawn; no unobstructed parking spot
There is a lot of conflicting information on what causes this. I have had most luck avoiding this if make sure that the spawn pads are (isgnificantly) above natural terrain. thoug hter is already a thrad for this one.
https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2253
First one appears to the same as https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2880

also afaik it's intended that the crew doesn't fly to the gas giant cores cuz they don't know how to handle underwater flight
What even
(02-21-2023, 09:53 PM)Celarious Wrote: First one appears to the same as https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2880

also afaik it's intended that the crew doesn't fly to the gas giant cores cuz they don't know how to handle underwater flight
May be the same cause of the issue, but mine do this even if they start performing the order and I jump out. the ship "breaks while performing the order"
I think it's the same cause yeah, you not being onboard causes the helmsman to just stop working
What even
Link for the save file regarding officer transfer.

Officer is on ibis 'busteroid' transfer to current ship (Pig Transport MHFD) via transfer window. Officer will not leave berth.

Save is bigger than 8 MB Uploaded to google drive.

Link :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDSIuUi...share_link

Edit: Tried to reproduce as described above. Seems to be a manifestation of the same issue as the first 2, as it broke when I was on the other ship to check that transfer is possible and ported back.
Tested: teleported to other ship. transferred officer to it and back-> officer stuck on his bed.

Transporter is in engineering room behind the bridge closer through the door on the left side of the ship (on the right when facing the door) first is officer quarters and further back is engineering.
(02-21-2023, 08:54 PM)kajanov Wrote: 1. Officered or not, a ship can not leave the player's presence.

2. Transferring crew to another starship using the transfer window breaks the officer

3. This is probably intended, but the crew don't want to fly to gas giant (core or floating/hovering) cities

4. Having the sensor console open causes the game to crash itermittently.

5. Waiting to spawn; no unobstructed parking spot

Please follow the bug reporting guidelines. Only one issue per thread.

Issue #1 was fixed in the latest update.

Issue #2 might be the same as #1.

Issue #4 had a separate bug report, forget if it was fixed already.

Issue #5 has a bug report already: https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2253
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo