Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I hate the asteroid.

Thumbs Down 
So just a half-hour ago the asteroid destroyed me and my friend's home world.

I'm so incredibly angry because in my mind we did everything right to try to prevent it:

We built a city from the dirt and huts of our home world.

We created industry, electricity, technology, and ultimately spacecraft.

We took to the stars and pulled resources from every planet we could within our system.

We fashioned an empire and a wonderful supply chain to create a marvelous space station, armed to the teeth.

Then we built them. We built space station and spacecraft with weapons to destroy the looming threat.

Finally we staffed them with crew, who were ordered to attack at any asteroids.

We had followed all the guides and we were ready.

Unfortunately, the asteroid didn't appear until 8hrs before hand, while me and my friend was at work. But alas, I took the back half of today off to prepare for this!
But once our city's detected it, we couldn't locate it. But alas, we had constructed and manned as many weapons platforms as we could!

And when it finally appeared on our monitors, the whole system became a latency-ridden hellhole. We couldn't open a door to board our ship, let alone command our fleet.

Our space station's officer refused to perform the only job he had ever been given. The commander on our weapons platform simply watched. And we tried to do everything within our power to get aboard a spacecraft.

But my friend was stuck next to the inactive space station, unable to command the fleet from above. And I was unable to board a ship from the ground. I was forced to stay on our home world as the asteroid destroyed our prized gem.

It taunted us, with the system so incredibly laggy it sat and crashed into the planet for 10 minutes.

And now it's all gone. 

Why even try to play this game when it fights you every step of the way? This was so incredibly dissatisfying.

Let us see and destroy the asteroid earlier. Have the crewed space station actually work and attack it.

And can you please not have the space system be laggy as hell at the most critical even of this game? Me and my friend just wanted to have fun and conquer the challenge, but really it just underlined how fucking infuriating this game is at times.

Messages In This Thread
I hate the asteroid. - by Tipper - 06-15-2022, 12:19 AM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by Deantwo - 06-15-2022, 03:02 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by Rockinsince87 - 06-15-2022, 08:20 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by QuakeIV - 06-16-2022, 02:48 AM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by Rockinsince87 - 06-16-2022, 12:37 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by SpaceGeek - 08-22-2022, 09:24 AM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by Wander - 08-23-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by Deantwo - 08-23-2022, 06:36 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by SpaceGeek - 08-23-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by SpaceGeek - 08-23-2022, 06:48 PM
RE: I hate the asteroid. - by Haxus - 12-05-2022, 05:35 PM