Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building Publishing Fails Wrongly
I went and tried to create a bunch of different kinds of power plants with the same name. IE coal, hydrogen, natural gas, et cetera.

Publishing them failed.  It appears the game thought they were the same design due purely to having the same name, however it claimed that they both had 'the same name and same state'.  They did not have the same state as they used different fuel types.

I then went back and renamed the effected designs.  I find this to be pretty annoying however so I have come here to whinge into the void and go unheard indefinitely as all other posts I have made in the bug forum are destined to do.
They never go unheard. Folks like me who can do nothing to help you read this stuff all the time ;)
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(05-10-2022, 07:05 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: Building Publishing Fails Wrongly

I then went back and renamed the effected designs.  I find this to be pretty annoying however so I have come here to whinge into the void and go unheard indefinitely as all other posts I have made in the bug forum are destined to do.

To be fair, if they are all titled like this, it wouldn't surprise me they get passed over or get forgotten.
Something like "Publishing Blueprints with same name fails" would seem like a better title for this issue.

As for the issue itself, I am not completely sure I understand it.
You made a bunch of building blueprints with the same name but different power plant module and different intended purpose, then you finalized them, and when trying to multi-publish them you got an error message? What exactly was this error message? What if you tried to publish them one at a time?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
One at a time also didn't work, i was trying that after I saw that only one had published because I assumed the publish process shit itself as it sometimes does. They truly need unique names for whatever reason.
(05-10-2022, 07:05 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: It appears the game thought they were the same design due purely to having the same name, however it claimed that they both had 'the same name and same state'.  They did not have the same state as they used different fuel types.

I assume that "state" in this context is rather or not the blueprint is finalized as a "final" or "assembly". I don't think the exchange cares what type the building is. So it does make sense.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo