Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
game crashes on ringworld

Character:
Karsa Orlong1

Game crashes about 4 seconds after i log in.

Check if your graphics card has OpenGL enabled
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Try to delete your User/Shore of Hazeron/Temporary directory
[Image: unknown.png]

(05-07-2022, 07:08 PM)Greydog Wrote: Check if your graphics card has OpenGL enabled

Yeah good idea.
Check: hazeron.com/wiki/Graphics_Issues
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(05-07-2022, 07:08 PM)Greydog Wrote: Check if your graphics card has OpenGL enabled
i did and it is.

(05-07-2022, 08:27 PM)Xantheose Wrote: Try to delete your User/Shore of Hazeron/Temporary directory
Tried that as well. No luck.

What is your terrain render distance?

Well, regardless of it, the game should not crash, but loading the minimum could help the game to load terrain
[Image: unknown.png]

(05-07-2022, 05:31 PM)shakezoola Wrote: Game crashes about 4 seconds after i log in.

Just realized how little you actually wrote here.
I'll just copy what you wrote to me on Discord:
shakezoola (on Discord) Wrote:So I finally found a ring world. But every time I log in. The game shuts down after about 4 seconds. All other characters in other systems are fine

The only suggestions we can do is it update your graphics drivers, and ensure that if you have two graphics cards on your machine the correct one is being used for Hazeron as detailed in the link I posted above.

Will need Haxus to help if neither of those two things helped.
There is an option to generate a log file, but I don't know what it contains or if it would help Haxus.

Can you explain how the game crashes/shutdown? Just poof and it is gone? Or does the client window just stop responding?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(05-08-2022, 10:33 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 05:31 PM)shakezoola Wrote: Game crashes about 4 seconds after i log in.

Just realized how little you actually wrote here.
I'll just copy what you wrote to me on Discord:
shakezoola (on Discord) Wrote:So I finally found a ring world. But every time I log in. The game shuts down after about 4 seconds. All other characters in other systems are fine

The only suggestions we can do is it update your graphics drivers, and ensure that if you have two graphics cards on your machine the correct one is being used for Hazeron as detailed in the link I posted above.

Will need Haxus to help if neither of those two things helped.
There is an option to generate a log file, but I don't know what it contains or if it would help Haxus.

Can you explain how the game crashes/shutdown? Just poof and it is gone? Or does the client window just stop responding?

It runs for literally 4-5 seconds. I can even move a few steps. I was also fast enough to send a ship out of the system.

Had a similar issue last universe, visited phoenix's RW and FPS dropped to 5 or less while in the system. Disabling planet rendering using switch b26 fixed it, with switches b22-b19 helping partially
What even

(05-09-2022, 12:36 AM)Celarious Wrote: Had a similar issue last universe, visited phoenix's RW and FPS dropped to 5 or less while in the system. Disabling planet rendering using switch b26 fixed it, with switches b22-b19 helping partially
Tried that as well. Didn't work.