Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022-05-06 Bug Fixes
Story Ship Design
Ship design needed by part of the Relic story did not exist after the restart.

It has been posted.

Solo Clothing
People can no longer be naked in the solo game. They will always be wearing some minimal bits of clothing.

This is preparation to apply for a less-than-adult rating for the solo game on Steam.

Ship Controls
Ship controls seemed to linger on too long after I press a movement control, making fine adjustments difficult.

Fixed.

Building Render Animation
A change to virtual function caused buildings to stop animating in the scene. Here are some of the observable side effects of that bug.
  • Doors did not render at all, leaving empty door openings everywhere.
  • Airport tower beacon not rotating.
  • Street lights not turning on/off properly.
Fixed.

Damaged Sex
I propositioned an npc for sex. She assumed a seductive pose and replied, "My friends call me Afternoon Delight. Wanna find out why?"

I did what came natural and she sat up embarrassingly. I thought perhaps she was offended by my technique.

This led me to fix some code that was interrupting our coitus at the worst possible moment. I also gave npc's a few seconds of after glow before they get on with their dismal life.

Column Widths
Some UI objects have tables that include a column that only contains an icon. The list of modifiers on a manufacturing production line is an example.

For some odd reason those columns started enforcing a width that was much wider than the icon. The hand crafting window is one example. This looked bad.

I fixed all code where that occurs.

Use Button
A Use button appears when some items are selected. There is also a Use button on the gear window when some items are selected. Does it do anything?

The Use button was a catch-all for items that did not get a specific menu verb, such as Eat or Heal. There was one isolated case of this, when claiming a ship using a title. I added a "Claim Title" button for that.

The Use button was removed since it no longer served any purpose. 

Patents Tree
Several people have asked for some sort of a tech tree, to show the technological advancement paths.

Technology is represented as patents so the best I could come up with was a UI that shows a list of all possible patents. Indented under each patent is a tree of patent dependencies, showing the path to get there.

The UI also shows what industries can invent each patent and which industries can use each patent.

The UI is accessed from the manufacturing page of a building. There were already two other patent-related buttons there.

Building Requirements
I find the citizen demand for cantinas, arenas, zoos, and etc. to be a bit excessive. How many arenas can one small city use?

I changed the formula for calculating how many of those buildings the citizens will demand. It is no longer linear. They will ask for the first one at about the same population as they did previously. Their demand for additional buildings is much less, after they have the first one.

Production Line Dialog
I changed the '0' button to 'No Limit', to make the effect more clear. I also added the quick number buttons to the dialog you get when editing a production line.

Window Positions
Some windows come up as a tiny box in the corner of my screen when they are first displayed.

I went through all the main windows to give them sensible initial sizes.

Computer Storage
Computers now act like a storage device. They are also smaller and lighter. The icon was changed to look like a tablet. I have not updated the model so it still looks like a keyboard and screen.

In the process of doing this I changed the storage capacity of all storage devices to be modulated by quality.

The amount of storage of the various devices that already existed, such as thumb drives, is now the minimum storage for those devices. It will increase with quality.

Radar Services
The ATC controller says "Radar services not available." What does that mean?

The implication in the flying world is that you are being tracked on radar but they are not going to give you traffic separation or terrain avoidance services.

I changed the message to be more clear.

Ballistic Turret Snafu
I built the Basic Design with the ballistic turret as my first ship.

When the asteroid appeared in my system, my crew flew out to the asteroid. The pilot paced the asteroid off to the side and slightly behind at a distance of about 5000m, which seemed close.

Unfortunately that is 5x the distance that the npc gunner considers to be his maximum range with a ballistic turret. He never fired.

I took control of the turret and had no trouble destroying the asteroid.

To fix this, I increased the range of turrets for npc's when the ship is not in the atmosphere range of a world.

Motor Bike and Space Rocket Insanity
I entered a new motor bike and a new space rocket. In each case I was suddenly viewing the world from orbit. Once I turned on the power my view was restored to the proper position in the driver's seat of the vehicle.

Fixed.

Bank Withdrawal
A bank withdrawal showed up on the city report as a loan.

Fixed.

Group Box Title
The title of group boxes gets overlapped by the contents of the group box. The Login window is an example of this.

Fixed.
Good changes
Need more info morale calculation to update wiki and most designs
Ship turrets could have range based on munition Q, same as for main caliber. Quite sad to see turrets do nothing while ship is in mid-long range combat, activating only when ships get very close to each other.
Also arena mode seems to be bit broken, unable to start match or leave arena
Report or Exploit
That's a lot of work Haxus, well done.

I'm wondering what patents tree looks like
[Image: unknown.png]
(05-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Solo Clothing
People can no longer be naked in the solo game. They will always be wearing some minimal bits of clothing.

This is preparation to apply for a less-than-adult rating for the solo game on Steam.

This seems like a nice optional features for the MMO game too, assuming it is easy to implement now that you have it done in the singleplayer game. Just an option in the scene settings or something.

(05-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Patents Tree
Several people have asked for some sort of a tech tree, to show the technological advancement paths.

Technology is represented as patents so the best I could come up with was a UI that shows a list of all possible patents. Indented under each patent is a tree of patent dependencies, showing the path to get there.

The UI also shows what industries can invent each patent and which industries can use each patent.

The UI is accessed from the manufacturing page of a building. There were already two other patent-related buttons there.

I still say moving all patent research to the university would make it simpler. And then you can even have buildings that require patents be disabled on the construction window. Such as needing to research "Electricity using Coal" before you can construct a coal power plant.

As mentioned in the past, then making better interface for patent research would be easier, since it wouldn't have to be made to work at every building. The current manufacturing interface just feels weird for selecting and managing patent research.

(05-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building Requirements

Computer Storage

Radar Services

Would love for you to help update the wiki pages with this information.
Here: We can propagate it to other pages from there if you just update those three with the new information.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I promised you a list of the most annoying bugs that were plaguing the game a few weeks back. There is likely still more that can be added to the list, and I will likely update it with more, you can at least take a look at it if have the time for more bug crushing.
Here: (Thread) Currently Most Annoying Issues

They aren't sorted or categorized, but they have some estimates that you can sort by if you want. Hope it helps.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Thank you for the bug list.

I will update the wiki.
There are still some long lag spikes that occur randomly at transitions and when attempting even simple actions like transporting, surveying, and chatting. Most times you can wait a moment or two and it will load up. Other times it will lock up and you need to relog and risk a minor rollback.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
Wow lots of great fix's and improvements. 

The helm fix's and the turret ranging are especially interesting. The building requirements changes make quite a bit of sense not needing to be linear. 
I look forward to reading more about the changes in the wiki. 

Thanks Haxus!

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(05-06-2022, 11:41 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Solo Clothing

This seems like a nice optional features for the MMO game too, assuming it is easy to implement now that you have it done in the singleplayer game. Just an option in the scene settings or something.

Maybe implement a system like in rust. Where ppl can turn of character nudity in the settings. When turned off the chars will atleast wear some underwear.
Ships going into limbo pretty much was the last straw for me. Left my planet, when into orbit, and suddenly ended up off the map. There needs to be sanity checks here, including checks to see if you are stuck. Ramps on some ships also no longer work. They all need a little hop, and, last night the AEC ship ramps I end up jumping through the floor meaning the only way I could board was with the transporter I added to the model. Walking on the raised pad for the aiprort terminal by haxus also is VERY slow moving for some reason (I've seen this when walking on top of other buildings with ramps. The constant crashes when manipulating items in the hold also is annoying (works only in commander, not when the 3d rendering is active) when taking items out or having crew change their gear.

In any case, limbo day was about as much as I can take. This has been an ongoing issue that could have been resolved with a sanity check for how far a ship moved in a given period of time.

Oh yeah, also the (H)old, (P)ower, and (L)ights controls on vehicles is VERY laggy leading to MANY restarts of the client until the controls would be picked up.... which is annoying when flying around over water while holding the "Q" button down (why that isn't a toggle is a mystery -- it is very useful for planetary/atmospheric maneuvers).

Well that's my two cents... hundreds of hours in, and I'm throwing in the towel. Just too many game breaking bugs to be enjoyable. Great concept, just too buggy to be enjoyed.

Oh yeah.. that station exploding bug was bad too. Lost that ParcX package over that mess. Normally I'd read the note in the station. You don't get a another box if it gets lost or the ParcX guy.