Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog on Gas Giant World Map

Hi,

From the start of this universe, I noticed that gas giant have fog. 

Why not, but even fully scanned and colonized gas giant have fog.

Plus of that, at first this fog isn't present, then I colonize the planet, and the next day it's full of fog, I can't even see my cities.

[Image: unknown.png]

It works fine for me.
It does however say "Unexplored" in the lower-left of the world map no matter where I move the center on it.

How have you traveled to this gas giant? Only via spacecraft?
The fog is supposed to disappear if you enter orbit with a space vehicle or spacecraft. I have been in orbit of mine with both, so I can't say if only works with space vehicles.

Try flying to the gas giant in space fighter and see if that clears up the fog?

You haven't changed empire, right? The spacecraft you are on belongs to the same empire as you?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(05-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Deantwo Wrote: How have you traveled to this gas giant? Only via spacecraft?
I have traveled by feet, with space fighter and with a spacecraft, all inside the atmosphere, at a surface level AND on orbit.

(05-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Deantwo Wrote: The fog is supposed to disappear if you enter orbit with a space vehicle or spacecraft. I have been in orbit of mine with both, so I can't say if only works with space vehicles.
Happy to know it's working for you.
This is why I post here as a bug, "the fog is supposed to disappear".

(05-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Try flying to the gas giant in space fighter and see if that clears up the fog?
As I said, no. And before you ask to explore more because "it's not a bug, you're using it wrong", I build 10-20 cities inside it by multiple ways, and as you can see, today everything is in fog.

(05-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Deantwo Wrote: You haven't changed empire, right?
No

(05-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Deantwo Wrote: The spacecraft you are on belongs to the same empire as you?
This is my spacecraft, built by me, I'm the captain, 3 officers on board, crews on sensors and else, and it belongs to my only empire.

this is an issue for me as well.

also another really annoying part about gas giant lithosphere maps is the resource zones are not marked on the map.