Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starshps and remote doors..
Say, does anyone know if a starship with a land order will automagically open a door that's covering spaceship landing spot, the close it once it lands? Just wondering before I start building something. I'm considering using auto doors that might perform the same function with ships controlled by NPCs.

Actually that is a good question of auto doors work on any entity: vehicle, space/starship, npc...  If they did, then the need to activate remote doors could be eliminated for some designs. 

https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Designer lacks any info on automatic doors... actually I can't find anything in the wiki about automatic doors.
I don't believe that AI pilot knows anything about remote doors. Remote doors are only every used by players when manually piloting a spacecraft or space vehicle.

(05-01-2022, 09:40 PM)Nightwalker Wrote: https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Designer lacks any info on automatic doors... actually I can't find anything in the wiki about automatic doors.

See: hazeron.com/wiki/Design_Parts#Door

I believe all interior doors are by default automatic doors. You can change a door to not automatically open, but that is all. I believe there is a bug that allows a hull door to be automatic, you should be able to imagine what trouble that could cause.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Hmm okay well that's unfortunate... so my idea of making a spacecraft landing pad that would automatically open an close for landing craft in a hostile or underwater environment pretty much isn't going to happen. That's a shame.
(05-02-2022, 08:10 PM)Nightwalker Wrote: Hmm okay well that's unfortunate... so my idea of making a spacecraft landing pad that would automatically  open an close for landing craft in a hostile or underwater environment pretty much isn't going to happen. That's a shame.

Coupd write it as a suggestion in the idea section. Since I like that idea too.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo