Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Failing installing qt5 libraries (Linux mint 19.1 Cinnamon)
Hi there!

I need some help to get these qt5 libraries installed.

I'm running Linux mint 19.1 Cinnamon. It's based on Ubuntu, so I used the Ubuntu Launcher Download.

But the game didn't start. It wrote an error, that it couldn't find the qt 5.15 libraries.
I found out, that I have installed qt 5.09 only.

I already tried to get the qt5-default and the other two libraries (given on the dowlnoad page) via synaptic. But they are not listed there.

How I can get the fitting libraries and from where?

When I tried to get qt5.15 from the developer website (qt.io), I didn't understand, how I could download anything from there and what exactly I needed.

I used an (maybe outdated) installer from this company. It installed the libraries and other stuff in one of the linux system folders.
But the game didn't start after that.

Somehow I messed with the qt5 libraries, by manually copying some of them between system folders.
Then it found the qt 5.15 libraries, but now stating this error:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in ""
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

./HazeronLauncherLauncher: Zeile 3 {Line 3}:  2795 Abgebrochen {Aborted}            (Speicherabzug geschrieben) {(Memory leakage written)}./HazeronLauncher

{my Translations}

Hope, someone can help me.

Would like to be able to play Hazeron again :-)

Greetings,

Falkenkopf
Build it from sources. At least you'll be sure to have all requirements to run it.
[Image: unknown.png]
open up a terminal and run

sudo apt-get install qt5-default libopenal1 libsdl2-2.0-0

you may already have some of these packages
Thank you for you hints.

I couldn't solve it. These packages weren't in my standard repositories. Building from sources is something, I never tried.

I set up my whole system new (due to other problems with graphic card, that I never could solve, even with deep recherche.

Now with the actual mint version, all packages are available in the repository.