Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gliding Flyer Freezes when pressing Space

(12-30-2022, 04:52 PM)Chronovore Wrote: If I press spacebar when flying (no vehicle, just the avatar) the game stutters a bit, I'm stuck in the same position, and can't un-hover, then I'm not able to press tab to change the way I interact with the screen.  Sometimes it does eventually let me switch interaction modes, but when I try to save the game the game completely freezes.

This is a known issue.
Merging the threads and renaming the thread to hopefully make more sense.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(12-30-2022, 04:52 PM)Chronovore Wrote: If I press spacebar when flying (no vehicle, just the avatar) the game stutters a bit, I'm stuck in the same position, and can't un-hover, then I'm not able to press tab to change the way I interact with the screen.  Sometimes it does eventually let me switch interaction modes, but when I try to save the game the game completely freezes.

With the latest build of Hazeron Starship I no longer experience this issue. Is this a new save or an existing?

(12-30-2022, 07:56 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: With the latest build of Hazeron Starship I no longer experience this issue. Is this a new save or an existing?

It depends on the type of flying your avatar can do. There is a difference between "hover" and "glide" flyers.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(12-30-2022, 08:40 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 07:56 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: With the latest build of Hazeron Starship I no longer experience this issue. Is this a new save or an existing?

It depends on the type of flying your avatar can do. There is a difference between "hover" and "glide" flyers.

Ah ok. Before the new build both hover and glide did not work for me either per the old known issue. I can say that hover does work now for me suddenly. I have not tested glide yet.

So I tested a new game with wings and yes it crashed the game for me. My existing save works fine. Before the new build, my existing save game flying was broken. Very interesting.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Yes, I have been noticing this issue as well. Started in the online version about a year ago. Glider wings caused a client crash when air brakes were used. As a workaround I had unbound the brake key and used x to land instead.

Now noticing this in Starship as well with gliders. Hover seems fine now. Deleted my old character and made a hover for now.

Having this issue still in the latest version of Starship, has made flying risky to use
What even

Please try again with today’s build.

Thank you! Will try and let you know if it happens again
What even

Update: Hasn't happened again so far, seems to have been fixed, thanks Haxus!
What even