Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacecraft Manufacturing Size Limits

Sorry, yeah I like the new title. 

I kind of took the long road to agreeing with you  Smile my bad.
I'll edit my past post to prevent scope creep and further confusion.

Yes I 100% agree that there should be some kind of infrastructure requirement. Something like production capacity of the shipyard itself or having an adequate "parking spot" size at the space station in orbit. Shipyard capacity could be the actual size of the shipyard blueprint volume in relation to the hull you intend to build. 

City population is a tough one. If you tie it to population size, then you would have to have a massive sized city to build those giga ships. It makes sense because that would simulate the workforce producing a ship of that size and not a colony of 10 citizens as you stated. Perhaps the shipyard volume and number of service jobs could balance the population requirement. So if you don't have adequate population it takes a very very long time to produce massive ships. If you meet the requirements it takes normal time. 

Would you want to encourage accelerated bonuses to production? 

I only mentioned the maintenance/overhaul requirements previously because it could play a factor. For example if you don't perform the overhaul at the proper city/shipyard then it takes much longer to complete like the mentioned volume and service jobs requirements.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Spacecraft Manufacturing Size Limits - by Deantwo - 04-11-2022, 09:48 PM
RE: Spacecraft Size Limiting - by Rockinsince87 - 04-11-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Spacecraft Size Limiting - by Deantwo - 04-12-2022, 03:24 PM
RE: Spacecraft Manufacturing Size Limits - by Rockinsince87 - 04-12-2022, 08:08 PM