Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacecraft Manufacturing Size Limits

Deantwo will never have a big ship with this feature kek

Don't think it's a good idea, you can have a big design with shit tier technology, it will be slow as fuck and mostly useless.

Upgrading in tech isn't a way to make things bigger, actually its the exact opposite. Upgrading in tech is intended to reduce size of components.

For every product or vehicle, a design size isn't defined by technology, it's defined by economical resources and industry capacity.
Technology level define efficiency of a design, not its size.

However, the technology level can help in the industry, both production and extraction processes which is already implemented with the harvester ships, but can be expanded by giving to the tools (computers, shovel, suv etc) a efficiency scaled on their ql.
[Image: unknown.png]

(04-14-2022, 03:06 PM)Xantheose Wrote: Don't think it's a good idea, you can have a big design with shit tier technology, it will be slow as fuck and mostly useless.

The main idea here wasn't to limit the size of ships, it was just to have requirements for construction, such as having an actual decent sized city. You are still able to have low quality gigantic warships if you want, but you can't do it with a tiny village with 10 population.

Maybe you are referring to my idea of hull module type limiting spacecraft size? I guess that would have some backwards logic to technology. The goal I had in mind with that idea was to have gigantic spacecraft manufacturing require some actual expansion of the empire. Could just make it so the city require a space elevator to manufacture gigantic spacecraft, and that space elevator require Vulcium or Adamantine.

(04-14-2022, 03:06 PM)Xantheose Wrote: However, the technology level can help in the industry, both production and extraction processes which is already implemented with the harvester ships, but can be expanded by giving to the tools (computers, shovel, suv etc) a efficiency scaled on their ql.

I have wished for some type of advanced Magmium, Vulcium and Adamantine tools for a long time. Having them give more production bonuses to manufacturing processes. Would give a reason to harvest those resources and then distribute the tools to colonies that could use them for improved production.

But this is off-topic for this discussion, I got a thread where I was talked about here in the past.
Here: (Idea thread) Exploring Resource Tiers
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo