Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG ] Newly built space craft module performance incorrect
Bug 
Scope: Any built spacecraft/spaceship

Observation: A designed ship with a minimum Q level in the blueprint, such as 1, after being built does not scale 100% to the current manufacturing capabilities. For example, let's use the engines for example. Let's say after it's built the shipyard produced a Q251 ship with a Q251 engine module. The acceleration specs are incorrect. By simply doing the module upgrade to the same Q level again, the speed adjusts and becomes the correct scaled speed. I noticed this with every spacecraft I built at various Q levels. It's very obvious if you design a QL 1 ship and then build a 250 or above. 

Current remedy: After the ship is built, refit and upgrade the modules of each system. 

Steps to reproduce:
1. Design a ship with minimum QL 1, while designing adjust the level to what you can actually build to see what the expected specs should be. Place it back to QL 1.
2. Finalize the design and produce the ship. 
3. Once finished, board the ship and check the specifications window, notice the specs do not match what they should be. 
4. Upgrade engine module and check new specifications.

Edit: Fixed title and updated. It is still a present bug. 
Just wanted to bump this. This issue is still present today. 

Build ship. Engine shows proper Q level, upgrade module even though it's the exact same Q level and built with the same materials at the same shipyard, suddenly the proper acceleration is shown in the specifications and reality.
(03-16-2023, 12:33 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Just wanted to bump this. This issue is still present today. 

Build ship. Engine shows proper Q level, upgrade module even though it's the exact same Q level and built with the same materials at the same shipyard, suddenly the proper acceleration is shown in the specifications and reality.

Bumping again...This issue is still present. I just built a new ship. Maneuvering specs were off. Did module upgrade despite the Q level of the module installed being the same. Acceleration fixed.