Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gold Ore not present on Ringworld Arcs
Bug 
I saw no mention that gold ore shouldn't spawn on ringworlds, so I feel like it not spawning on ringworlds must be a bug. Gold did not spawn on any of the arcs of the ringworld I found. I do not have more than one ringworld to compare if I just somehow got unlucky, but my assumption is it isn't spawning on any of them.
Does the system survey not show gold? Or is it just that you can't find any gold ore rocks?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(04-02-2022, 11:06 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Does the system survey not show gold? Or is it just that you can't find any gold ore rocks?

System survey does not show any gold. I haven't explored the entire surface but I have also not found any gold after searching for 30 minutes. This was done just as a sanity check in case the survey didn't include it for some reason. It's certainly possible there is a single node somewhere since my search wasn't exactly thorough due to the size of the arc segment...

[Image: YkoQ6U4.png]
I guess it is entirely possible that Haxus forgot to seed gold on world arcs. My worry is that if he were to add gold to ringworld arcs now, it will cause all resources to shift locations on them.
Honestly now is the time to do that. Universe is still so young. I can't imagine there are a ton of ringworlds settled, and I think everyone can agree missing gold is really annoying. You gotta ship it in to be able to make any money for the city to buy/sell stuff from avatars or do research there.
(04-03-2022, 11:01 PM)martianant Wrote: Honestly now is the time to do that. Universe is still so young. I can't imagine there are a ton of ringworlds settled,

True. probably best to fix that quickly.
I'll add it to my list when I am able.

(04-03-2022, 11:01 PM)martianant Wrote: I think everyone can agree missing gold is really annoying.
You gotta ship it in to be able to make any money for the city to buy/sell stuff from avatars or do research there.

Technically shouldn't be required yet. You can't spawn on a ringworld as your starting world, so missing gold shouldn't be a problem there.

If you make the main city on the ringworld into a sector/galaxy/empire capital city, it will get tribute from other cities in the sector/galaxy/empire. So for now you should be fine for getting research money. At least I assume that capital city tribute is still a thing.

Haxus did mention that gold might find its way into other manufacturing processes in the future though, so someday it will be an issue. I could imagine gold being used in electronic parts for example.
Isn't gold used in shielding today's spacecraft?
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
Haxus said this in intentional.

Updated information about this on the wiki.
Yes, I recall he explicitly said that ringworlds won't contain any gold.