Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Offline protection doesn't work

I've just logged off for a few hours and then logged in again to find my cities and ships destroyed. An attack by the Syndicate occurred on my empire Vicerant over the course of several hours all while my empire was offline and had the noncombatant status. This was well after the 15 minute period and my empire should have had offline protection. For whatever reason, Syndicate was able to attack my empire either way. I'm unable to provide much details because I wasn't there for it. Perhaps Syndicate can elaborate what happened on their end. I can only provide logs to prove that the attacks occurred over the course of roughly 2 hours.

EDIT: After a quick search through the Hazeron Discord I've noticed Vooker asking if it's possible to manually attack targets that are in a noncombatant state. Considering what happened I think this may be true. Can anyone confirm this? Are noncombatant empires safe from attack-orders/crew but not safe from players?

EDIT 2: I've just noticed this message on the Discord by Drog007: "TikTikTik took a planet/city from me while I was offline... but noncombatant does seem to be working to allow his people in/near my cities to kill people while I'm online but not for them to defend against him." In my case TikTikTik was also the one that attacked me while I was offline. It seems I'm not the only one that has encountered this issue. This also seems to suggest that noncombatant only works for NPCs but not for players.

(04-01-2022, 11:08 PM)Khal Wrote: I've just logged off for a few hours and then logged in again to find my cities and ships destroyed. An attack by the Syndicate occurred on my empire Vicerant over the course of several hours all while my empire was offline and had the noncombatant status. This was well after the 15 minute period and my empire should have had offline protection. For whatever reason, Syndicate was able to attack my empire either way. I'm unable to provide much details because I wasn't there for it. Perhaps Syndicate can elaborate what happened on their end. I can only provide logs to prove that the attacks occurred over the course of roughly 2 hours.

EDIT: After a quick search through the Hazeron Discord I've noticed Vooker asking if it's possible to manually attack targets that are in a noncombatant state. Considering what happened I think this may be true. Can anyone confirm this? Are noncombatant empires safe from attack-orders/crew but not safe from players?

EDIT 2: I've just noticed this message on the Discord by Drog007: "TikTikTik took a planet/city from me while I was offline... but noncombatant does seem to be working to allow his people in/near my cities to kill people while I'm online but not for them to defend against him." In my case TikTikTik was also the one that attacked me while I was offline. It seems I'm not the only one that has encountered this issue. This also seems to suggest that noncombatant only works for NPCs but not for players.
It seems that the attack probably occurred just after I logged out and managed to destroy my military headquarters before offline protection kicked in. My other city that got destroyed was destroyed when in a noncombatant state for sure though considering it was hours later. The military base there was not fully constructed yet. The ship in orbit there also wasn't safe. These issues seem to point to some sort of bug. Testing is required to get to the bottom of this.

As far as we have been able to understand through testing. The noncombatant protection only applies to worlds that have a military base. This wasn't mentioned in the update very well, so the wiki page I wrote was wrong at first.

The wiki page should be much better now.
Here: hazeron.com/wiki/Noncombatant
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo