Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-Game Starchart Search Wrong

Exclamation 
The ingame starmap search tool is returning incomplete search results for certain resources.

all biosphere resources are not searchable, and things like vegetation density returns an incomplete search.
i know of multiple 255 vegetation density planets, yet none of them show up in the system search tool.

this raises the question that maybe this problem is affecting all resources.

this was never an issue when we could export the star chart to XML
also this is going to be a problem when exploration data starts expiring.

(03-30-2022, 07:49 PM)dracotonisamond Wrote: also this is going to be a problem when exploration data starts expiring.

What do you mean by expiring? The survey information never changes and your empire never forgets a solar system you have explored or surveyed.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-30-2022, 07:53 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 07:49 PM)dracotonisamond Wrote: also this is going to be a problem when exploration data starts expiring.

What do you mean by expiring? The survey information never changes and your empire never forgets a solar system you have explored or surveyed.

i have experienced quite the opposite in the past.
ive seen exploration data reset when a sector is idle for long enough to regen.

(03-30-2022, 08:50 PM)dracotonisamond Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 07:53 PM)Deantwo Wrote:

i have experienced quite the opposite in the past.
ive seen exploration data reset when a sector is idle for long enough to regen.

If that turns out to be the case, it is another separate bug that needs fixing. But it is the first I ever hear about it, so I kinda doubt it.

Back in the day where we got system surveys by mail you would be correct, but that has changed a lot and is no longer the case.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo