Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cities Protected by Unfinished Military HQ
Bug 
I am unable to attack a city because of an unfinished military HQ building, which both provides invulnerability and also prevents flags from being planted, but also cannot be destroyed (or completed, even, which I also tried).

I could understand if the game was just vaguely biased against warfare or something, but this is getting ridiculous.  We finally catch this guy online and he is still invincible.

edit:
An associate suggested C4, no effect other than blowing big craters into the construction site.

[Image: E9TxLsR.png]
Stupid question maybe, but is the empire protected by noncombatant status? If so, you wouldn't be able to destroy the building, even if it is under construction. What did you expect here?
See: https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Noncombatant
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I just said 'we finally caught him online', he is not noncombatant as the diplomacy page specifically says he is online. That is why I said 'we finally caught him online'.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension my dude.

Update: the structure was completed by beaming down electronic parts, however still no mesh loaded in so it continues to not take damage. It appears to be under the terrain somewhere but I cant find it by peeking through the terrain.

I am also gunning down the troops that are spawning here just fine so definitely not noncombatant.

Currently trying to drill down with C4 and find it.

Update again: I have C4'd pretty far into the terrain and been peeking through the walls of the hole, still no signs of it.

[Image: n3w2xe8.png]

Update again again: The game is now crashing repeatedly, I had a brief glimpse of all of the surrounding buildings before the terrain loaded in and there is nothing in all directions, just surrounding factories. The dude spawned in a military HQ with no mesh that cant be damaged. I've drilled fairly far into the ground with C4 and still havent found or hit anything so I am going to give up for now.
Final update:

Ardan brought in some bigger bombs and managed to tunnel down far enough that a spacecraft could shoot it.
[Image: l356tt1.png]
Cheating fails again! Should probably fix this though its clearly a bug.
It was yelled loudly at me two universes ago that underground buildings aren't an exploit. So I while I agree it is an issue, I don't feel like repeating everything I said back then.
Just read the old thread I made: (Bug report) Underground Buildings Exploits

What is the name and ID of the building blueprint? Who designed it?
Heart 
[Image: lRA3exq.png]
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]
I don't know that we figured out a way to identify it prior to destroying it.

Also, in the past you could still shoot underground buildings from orbit. That is no longer the case.
(03-26-2022, 03:03 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: I don't know that we figured out a way to identify it prior to destroying it.

Simply look at the Building window's Building tab while you are at the building's site.

(03-26-2022, 03:03 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: Also, in the past you could still shoot underground buildings from orbit.  That is no longer the case.

Crew will not fire at buildings that are blocked by terrain. You can manually use a missile launcher weapon bay to dig down to the building, once it is dug free a crewman manning an energy weapon bay can shoot it.

Welcome to my hell.
At one point you could definitely shoot them, it was years ago however. This is dumb mainly because of how powerful the weapons are, and now also the offline protection means you need to park a ship in orbit either for eternity or until the dude finally logs. This just to get a chance to shoot the bases, which practically speaking will never happen if the crew refuses to shoot at it (even with a missile weapon that could actually burrow down to it easily as you say).

Waiting until you are online at the same time does eventually happen but is in my opinion impractical. It’s already dumb that you are stuck with a warship parked in orbit for presumably months if they just never log in again.
(03-26-2022, 04:37 PM)QuakeIV Wrote: At one point you could definitely shoot them, it was years ago however.  This is dumb mainly because of how powerful the weapons are,

Been this way since the bug reports I made in universe 5 about this exact issue. It makes no sense that the giant energy weapons on our warships are made useless just because the enemy shovled some dirt on top of their buildings.

But seemingly some people think this is good gameplay or balance or whatever. Go to the thread I linked above and see people's responses.

(03-26-2022, 04:37 PM)QuakeIV Wrote: and now also the offline protection means you need to park a ship in orbit either for eternity or until the dude finally logs.  This just to get a chance to shoot the bases, which practically speaking will never happen if the crew refuses to shoot at it (even with a missile weapon that could actually burrow down to it easily as you say).

I assume you can still make craters on the world while the base is under noncombatant protection, so you can park your ship in orbit, fire some missiles to clear dirt from the buried buildings, then leave the ship there once you have confirmed that energy weapons have a clear line-of-sight to all military buildings. That way the ship can easily deal with all the military buildings once the player logs in.

Only issue is then if they have military buildings over over the planet, so you can't have just a single ship in orbit.

(03-26-2022, 04:37 PM)QuakeIV Wrote: Waiting until you are online at the same time does eventually happen but is in my opinion impractical.  It’s already dumb that you are stuck with a warship parked in orbit for presumably months if they just never log in again.

You only have to wait as long as the player keeps an active account subscription, but yes. I did say that the noncombatant protection was interesting, but in the long-run it doesn't really solve anything.

This is why I liked the idea of week long solar system sieges instead.
See: (Idea thread) Conquest of Solar Systems