Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cities not protected from decay

Exclamation 
I have encountered cities decaying while being on my avatars land list two separate times now.

it seems like visiting them is the only thing that keeps cities safe right now.

The cities are announcing it as an abandonment morale penalty? Or are they decaying because of something else maybe?
Cities can decay from other causes than abandonment, so specifying what the city is reporting is important. Showing what the city report's morale section says would be good.

Towards the end of the last universe, there was some reports of avatars trapped in some form of limbo wouldn't protect their Land from abandonment.
So are all your avatars accessible? Have you been logged in on all these avatars within the last couple weeks?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-25-2022, 09:25 AM)Deantwo Wrote: The cities are announcing it as an abandonment morale penalty? Or are they decaying because of something else maybe?
Cities can decay from other causes than abandonment, so specifying what the city is reporting is important. Showing what the city report's morale section says would be good.

Towards the end of the last universe, there was some reports of avatars trapped in some form of limbo wouldn't protect their Land from abandonment.
So are all your avatars accessible? Have you been logged in on all these avatars within the last couple weeks?
[Image: VHve4JL.png]

Thats the odd part, i was online with the avatar that holds the land the night before.

Edit: ok the forums do not like images from the clipboard.

(03-25-2022, 04:07 PM)dracotonisamond Wrote: Thats the odd part, i was online with the avatar that holds the land the night before.

You shouldn't have to, I just wanted to know so we could exclude it as a cause.

Since there were a few reports of avatar's in limbo not protecting Land towards the end of the last universe.
See: (Bug report) Avatars in Limbo don't protect their Land

(03-25-2022, 04:07 PM)dracotonisamond Wrote: [x]

Thanks for the picture!

So wait, it has population and positive morale, but even so it gets the decay from abandonment. This should only be possible if the city has no population at all.

I mean it could be that you don't have enough population to cover all the jobs, that should supposedly be able to cause some buildings to decay from lack of workers to maintain the buildings. But if that is the case, then the decay message is giving the wrong reason for decay.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Could it be an issue with police jurisdictions?

Too much overlap can cause havoc as well. I've had a few instances where I had to strip the whole thing and rebuild it to fix issues
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

I had my avatars rescued today from limbo and I was met with two cities having decayed, both in the same system and having been in the land of my (previously in limbo) avatar.

The only email I have is the final decay report, which does list zero pop, zero morale, and zero facilities. Not sure how this happened, they were morale/pop stable before limbo.

We have the same problem on 5 of our planets in sector 002 (Sector 001 works fine).

The cities have been built, got good morale and work just fine... somehow they keep loosing buildings though, every hour or couple hours. I am not entirely sure about the timeframe.
However, 2 cities, we have visited with an avatar just a day before, decayed out of existence just 12 hours or so later. I logged on in the morning, after we logged of a couple of hours earlier, and got a mail, that the city had decayed out of existence. No prior warnings, like usual, nothing. Also, high morale. The same happened for the next two days, leaving the entire sector 002 completely inhabited, with no signs of former colonization.

The game is quite time-consuming as it is. We just got to a point, where things should be more or less self-sufficient, requiring nothing more than a visit occasionally, to check on things, set up brokers, etc. Needless to say that having to (re)build cities on 5 planets over and over again, is not only a waste of time, but also time, we don't have to spare.

I'm having the same problem - some solar systems that are part of an avatar's land are still getting abandonment morale penalties. I'm going to try visiting them to see if that still works.

I had to step away from the game for about a week due to an IRL situation. I came back and every system but the empire capital system was in varying states of decay. Completely lost probably 8 cities.
They are all in someone's land, some in two avatar's land. No characters were in limbo.

Seems we are back to the old style of "visit every 3 days with an online avatar" ways until this bug gets fixed.

Well even the visit with an online Avatar might not work in all cases.
I just had an issue this weekend where a city decided to decay from abandonment WHILE I WAS STANDING IN IT and interacting with the build queues of buildings.

Had three other systems have all their cities decay despite being in an Avatar's land and even being visited within the last week; one of the cities was less than a week old.

Not sure how things are being calculated and what the issue is, but it is decidedly less fun than even the old decay mechanic. Maybe it has something to do with the rollback issues that Haxus has been battling.