Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cities not protected from decay

Up...

Most of my cities decayed despite being in land.

It is useless to play right now, everything will vanish in no time.
[Image: unknown.png]

Haxus clarified that there were some issues with abandonment prevention leading up to the 2022-04-12 update.
See: (Update thread post) Re: 2022-04-12 Account Activation, Server Crash

I am still concerned about the reports of cities getting decay from abandonment while they still have population and positive morale. Either something is/was horribly wrong with decay, or something was changed about city decay without notice.

If anyone notices new cases of cities unexceptedly decaying after the 2022-04-12 update, please report it here.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

I have an avatar trapped in Limbo for the past 5 days approximately.  This avatar has some systems claimed as 'land' for the purpose of preventing decay. Unfortunately, after day three these systems started to suffer abandonment and buildings began decaying.

Maybe this means my avatar is in worse shape than I thought. After all, server restarts do not revive him and his land seems no longer claimed. If his records were deleted it makes sense that decay would kick in.

I just spent the last 4 days repairing decayed cities. All were in the land of one or more of my alts. None had been visited for 3 days. Acct had not been logged in for 3 days.

11 of my 26 cities got hit .. 6 needed serious repair.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

And again. I don't log in for a few days and come back to 6 cities decaying. One of which I repaired last time.

Colonies as well when the air runs out.

(06-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Greydog Wrote: And again. I don't log in for a few days and come back to 6 cities decaying. One of which I repaired last time.

So it is at least the same cities that decay?
And you are sure that solar system is in your Land? And with the correct name?
Is the avatar with the solar system on its Land in some form of limbo?
What does the city reports say? Decay from Abandonment while the city has population?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(06-11-2022, 06:46 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Greydog Wrote: And again. I don't log in for a few days and come back to 6 cities decaying. One of which I repaired last time.

So it is at least the same cities that decay?
And you are sure that solar system is in your Land? And with the correct name?
Is the avatar with the solar system on its Land in some form of limbo?
What does the city reports say? Decay from Abandonment while the city has population?
- One was my shipyard which was the first I repaired last time, which also had two alts in orbit. The rest were new.
- Yes, I double checked, all were in the land of at lest one of my alts.
- one of them, yes
- You know, I neglects to look at that. I just got in and started repairing. I'll check the history later.

It's possible a couple of them had not been visited in nearly two weeks. But most were less than 10 days. It had been 5 days since I logged in. It's also possible that they had been compromised during the first incident and I didn't notice.

Many of my cities rely on their colonies for needed products. I'm beginning to think something important stopped producing and started a chain reaction.

i lost 6 cities in the span of a few days.

perhaps just unload the systems that belong to inactive avatars instead of destroying them for being in limbo.