Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Syndicate Diplomacy Threadnaught
Well no, the 30% or so decided that they would rather explode than pay fiat currency tribute (which they can print an infinite amount of) and be below us on the leaderboard (which they were already, just not indented slightly).
(03-25-2022, 03:47 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: Well no, the 30% or so decided that they would rather explode than pay fiat currency tribute (which they can print an infinite amount of) and be below us on the leaderboard (which they were already, just not indented slightly).

And I'm sure the flowery reputation of the group as a whole certainly doesn't contribute to people deciding it's better to start over than deal with you, right?
(03-25-2022, 03:47 AM)QuakeIV Wrote: Well no, the 30% or so decided that they would rather explode than pay fiat currency tribute (which they can print an infinite amount of) and be below us on the leaderboard (which they were already, just not indented slightly).
Let me fix that for you ..

"The 30% who don't really care where they are on some silly leaderboard, so long as it's not indented under someone else's Empire"
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(03-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Greydog Wrote:

"The 30% who don't really care where they are on some silly leaderboard, so long as it's not indented under someone else's Empire"

I suppose that is true, but you gotta admit, Joining Syndicate means becoming #1 in minutes. Thats a heck of an upgrade for many empires!
The Return of a Syndicate OG, The one and only. Harvesting Tears forever.

"Sieg Syndicate, I guess."

[Image: ovYh4Jh.jpg]
(03-26-2022, 03:50 AM)Booterror Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 11:55 AM)Greydog Wrote:

I suppose that is true, but you gotta admit, Joining Syndicate means becoming #1 in minutes. Thats a heck of an upgrade for many empires!

Not really. There's two main possibilities; neither is likely to make that a benefit on its own:

1) The player cares about the standings. For them having their own placement removed is likely to be a detriment to enjoyment unless they only care about "winning" and not about actually monitoring their progress or position.

2) The player doesn't care about the standings. For them getting a bump to number one obviously isn't a benefit.

So really, the only people likely to see a benefit on that end are the ones who care strongly about the leaderboard, but are also the type to just want to "win" regardless of how they get there.... To each their own, but I certainly wouldn't want to go out of my way to try to fill an organization with that portion of the venn diagram.
I imagine for some the resistance is a source of fun as well.
In these cases it provides content for us as well.

In cases of heavier resistance it gives our engineering department a chance to observe real combat results of our designs.
(03-26-2022, 02:13 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: I imagine for some the resistance is a source of fun as well. 
In these cases it provides content for us as well.

In cases of heavier resistance it gives our engineering department a chance to observe real combat results of our designs.

I'll have to agree with this. Starting in the Eastern Cluster by mistake did come with some added gameplay I may not have had out in the black. 

I only built up enough to take care of the asteroid, then I stuck around just to see how you guys played this out. I managed to get a Halcyon built to go nomad with about an hour before Tik took out my last two holdings there.

It has been interesting and informative.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(03-25-2022, 04:51 AM)drog007 Wrote:

And I'm sure the flowery reputation of the group as a whole certainly doesn't contribute to people deciding it's better to start over than deal with you, right?

Getting abducted/inducted by Syndicate back in U3 and into U4 was some of the most fun I've ever had in any online game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
Equestria would like to contact Syndicate and its allies. We have posted a thread directed towards you here: https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2738 We want this conversation to be clearly visible to everyone in the universe so we made a separate thread for it.
Is there a sign-on bonus?