Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officer MIA

Lost a ship in a tragic wormhole accident:

Code:
Captain's Log, Final Entry

Commander,

My ship, Limbo Wardens Starship BXJCD, has been destroyed. All hands were lost.

I was deployed from Foundation III in Foundation Sector, Shores of Hazeron.

In memory,
[i]LTJG Uhagik[/i]

SPACECRAFT DESTROYED

Unfortunately, upon returning to my only habitable, officer-producing planet I see this:
Code:
The officer from this planet is already deployed.

I should be able to hire another officer, either because the current one died or because there exists some in-game mechanism for rescuing a not-yet-dead officer floating in space.

Can verify this as an issue.

Ship got teleported out to the black so I self destructed and berthed back home.

Now mail says the officer died. Have no notice of ship actually being destroyed beyond the message in capt's mail. Trying to recruit new officer displays the "The officer from this planet is already deployed" message.

Related thread ...
https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2673
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Yep I am certainly having this same problem. Officer died, went to get new one. He is deployed still.... in heaven maybe?
[Image: 23.jpg]

I am experiencing this as well. i order a self destruct of a ship that veered way off course after most of the crew died. I have recieved a mail about the ship in question having been destroyed, but i have not received any mail about the officer in question and their death.
I am under the assumption that the officer somehow survived the explosion and is now just drifting through the void, playing on his phone still. I hope his battery dies :/

Captain's Log, Final Entry

Commander,

My ship, wHole Exploration Starship SNUJC, has been destroyed. All hands were lost.

I was deployed from New Switzerland Alpha VI in 404 Sector Not Found Sector, Shores of Hazeron.

In memory,
LTJG Cujiz

SPACECRAFT DESTROYED

Self destruct sequence complete.

People had been discussing that the cause of this is/was that NPCs didn't bleed to death. I don't know if it is still an issue after the last server update, but I see that wild animals do bleed to death at least.

Can anyone say if this is still an issue?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-25-2022, 05:33 PM)Deantwo Wrote: People had been discussing that the cause of this is/was that NPCs didn't bleed to death. I don't know if it is still an issue after the last server update, but I see that wild animals do bleed to death at least.

Can anyone say if this is still an issue?

I haven't seen it lately, but my ships stopped atmo-diving every few minutes so I replace officers a lot less frequently.