Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City doing a MAJOR rollback.

The city "Friday" on Friday Beta III Keeps rolling back to a state from ~3 days ago including losing all transferred resources, building settings, and spaceships/stations in the area. As this is my capital and point of convergence for all high quality resources, this has caused some significant consternation over the last couple days, and seems to be preventing me from even logging my main (Drog KWVWB) in today. The issue has been present and occuring once per day for the last couple days, but I was unsure of how much of a rollback it was at first. Now that it's consistently been to the same point, it seems that something is not getting persisted to disk.

*EDIT*
After limbo the station and ship came back but building rollbacks were still occuring, but they seem to only be affecting buildings that were built before the point they're rolling back to. I have bulldozed and rebuilt most of that city and am crossing my fingers that it resolves the issue.

Rollbacks still happening, just now from a slightly later timestamp for some buildings. Research and larger ship production are both almost entirely pipe dreams at this point.

(03-22-2022, 07:37 AM)drog007 Wrote: Research and larger ship production are both almost entirely pipe dreams at this point.

In theory you just need them to get started and not rolled back past the start time, since all manufacturing jobs work with timestamped completion, they shouldn't be affected by rollbacks.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-22-2022, 07:40 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 07:37 AM)drog007 Wrote: Research and larger ship production are both almost entirely pipe dreams at this point.

In theory you just need them to get started and not rolled back past the start time, since all manufacturing jobs work with timestamped completion, they shouldn't be affected by rollbacks.

No. My buildings are losing their production settings entirely.

I had a 13 hour ship production start, but when I logged in to check it the next day the spaceship factory didn't even have it listed in production nor was it done.

I suspect there might be a disconnect between client and server after testing.

If I flew to the shipyard and started production myself and relogged right away. I was instead down the street instead of the factory when I came back.
Production was not going even though it had been moments before. If I went to the factory, sat on it for twenty minutes, started production and relogged, then it WAS working when I reentered and I was sitting on the building.

So I think the server is running behind the client and not properly logging character positioning. Which might make the server not properly take production orders (or other building actions as designer and arena both gave me problems) because it doesn't think you are where you are.

Having same issue with the solar system New Hope in our sector 2. I rebuilt it 2 times. It will revert back where there is buildings missing for it to work correctly and then whats left degrades on the non habitable. This go around i thought it got past the issue but well later same issue again.

I've had this issue crop up over the last couple days as well.

I have one system where I'm trying to lay down a city and three colonies. The city rolls back to where it's no longer producing needed resources and the colonies roll back to being placed but unbuilt. I rebuilt the system 4 times yesterday before I gave up till today. City report looks like it reverted again

Had another city that lost it's city hall but not the police stations attached to it.

*edit ...

Upon returning to the city I had rebuilt 4 times yesterday, I found that a spacecraft factory, grocery, retail, and university had been duplicated leaving two buildings at the same locations. Deleting the duplicated buildings reduced the jobs the appropriate amount, morale stayed the same.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!