Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Officers Order
Heart 
The fact that there is no Board Officers command prevents us from making ships that automatically collect officers and drop them off at a central station. This makes preparing new ships without the usage of AHK scripts so much more tedious.

[Image: NUmKiRp.png]
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]
Maybe it would be nice if you could send officers to another city with shipments or something.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Why can't you just use Board Crew? I've never used that as an order before but I assume it loads ALL crew onto your ship, including the officer. If you want to order the ship to drop off an officer, it's functionally the same as dropping off all your crew. You can't list orders for the crew without the officer, so why does it matter if the crew is offloaded with the officer?
(03-14-2022, 11:50 PM)Kami Wrote: Why can't you just use Board Crew? I've never used that as an order before but I assume it loads ALL crew onto your ship, including the officer. If you want to order the ship to drop off an officer, it's functionally the same as dropping off all your crew. You can't list orders for the crew without the officer, so why does it matter if the crew is offloaded with the officer?

If I wanted the ship to go collect a bunch of officers and then unload the officers to a holding space station at the shipyard, I would not want it to also unload all crew to that station, and then be unable to complete any further missions without you fixing it.
(03-14-2022, 11:50 PM)Kami Wrote: Why can't you just use Board Crew? I've never used that as an order before but I assume it loads ALL crew onto your ship, including the officer.

Wrong.

"Crew" is a type of NPC, and "Officer" is another type of NPC.
They both work on the ship but the word "crew" is exclusively used to refer to the "Crew" type of NPC.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(03-15-2022, 12:15 AM)martianant Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:50 PM)Kami Wrote: Why can't you just use Board Crew? I've never used that as an order before but I assume it loads ALL crew onto your ship, including the officer. If you want to order the ship to drop off an officer, it's functionally the same as dropping off all your crew. You can't list orders for the crew without the officer, so why does it matter if the crew is offloaded with the officer?

If I wanted the ship to go collect a bunch of officers and then unload the officers to a holding space station at the shipyard, I would not want it to also unload all crew to that station, and then be unable to complete any further missions without you fixing it.
I can kind of see what you mean, although I don't see how it's functionally any different, since crew can't perform listed orders without an officer so you'll still have to go back to the ship after you drop off the officers anyway. Only difference I can see is you'll have a bunch of extra crew on your station, which I'd think is good since that's where you're loading officers so you may as well load crew from there too. Maybe I'll come up against that problem myself one day but I probably won't understand what the difference is until I do.
There's an order to transfer a percentage of your officers to a ship or station. If you set it to 99% of your officers it drops off all officers except the one commanding the ship in my experience. Even if that officer is the only one on the ship.
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]
(03-15-2022, 02:17 AM)Kami Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 12:15 AM)martianant Wrote:

I can kind of see what you mean, although I don't see how it's functionally any different, since crew can't perform listed orders without an officer so you'll still have to go back to the ship after you drop off the officers anyway. Only difference I can see is you'll have a bunch of extra crew on your station, which I'd think is good since that's where you're loading officers so you may as well load crew from there too. Maybe I'll come up against that problem myself one day but I probably won't understand what the difference is until I do.

Code:
Ship mission
Travel to A
Load officers (600)
Travel to B
Load officers (600)
[...]
Travel to Shipyard
Unload officers (600)
Load Officer (1)

Load Crew, Load passengers, etc all let you set the counts. Officers are not the same as crew, having a load/unload officer mission just makes sense.
(03-14-2022, 09:49 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Maybe it would be nice if you could send officers to another city with shipments or something.

This would be lovely. Potential add-on, perhaps if habitable worlds produced cadets that were shippable, and converted to officers by the starfleet academy with the academy granting something akin to experience over time. That would allow for a centralized academy, which would have a much more traditional sci-fi IP feel.
(03-16-2022, 11:15 PM)drog007 Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 09:49 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Maybe it would be nice if you could send officers to another city with shipments or something.

This would be lovely. Potential add-on, perhaps if habitable worlds produced cadets that were shippable, and converted to officers by the starfleet academy with the academy granting something akin to experience over time. That would allow for a centralized academy, which would have a much more traditional sci-fi IP feel.

God I love that idea, would make a "Star Fleet Headquarters" feel nice :)