Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit By Toxic Atmosphere Despite Being On Habitable World

The actual issue is that, when my ship landed on my home planet via a npc pilot, I immediately got hit with 'toxic atmosphere' damage and died from it, despite the fact that it's my starting planet and thus has a safe atmosphere. The crew on board/in the same room were unharmed.

In case it's relevant;
I previously had another ship of the same design with a officer in it, on a mission to harvest from a nearby frigid planets atmosphere then after awhile fly back home, sell, buy fuel, and go out again.
But while it was harvesting on its own without me, I got mail reporting the officer died from "Internal Injuries Q1".
When flying back to the ship and checking it out, nearly all the crew on board was dead with no obvious cause of death.

Later on, with the same ship design, during a harvest mission with me being around, I randomly got hit with suffocation damage while on the ship while it was harvesting. Didn't die from it though, and all the crew in the same room were left unharmed.

Sounds like your airlock is open and the spacecraft is depressurized. Maybe your airlock is an automatic door and you have rats on the ship opening and closing it?

The message about toxic atmosphere is an old issue that only happens when you receive atmospheric damage while inside an atmosphere. Since your ship is depressurized for some reason, you are taking atmospheric damage while you are technically inside an atmosphere. Hence you get the confusing message.
I guess that old bug report I made was on the old forum, so Haxus should have a log of it in his issue tracking database.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

was a fart. been eating those bad beans

(03-11-2022, 01:34 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Sounds like your airlock is open and the spacecraft is depressurized. Maybe your airlock is an automatic door and you have rats on the ship opening and closing it?

The message about toxic atmosphere is an old issue that only happens when you receive atmospheric damage while inside an atmosphere. Since your ship is depressurized for some reason, you are taking atmospheric damage while you are technically inside an atmosphere. Hence you get the confusing message.
I guess that old bug report I made was on the old forum, so Haxus should have a log of it in his issue tracking database.
My airlock was indeed a automatic door, and lead right into the cabin. So workless crew might've triggered it to open
I fixed up my ships design and will report back here if sudden deaths happen again.