Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Docking/Undocking Star Map crashes Windows Client

(03-11-2022, 04:25 PM)bonusmop Wrote: I am able to crash the windows client fairly reliably by docking and/or undocking the star map.

Repro:
* Open Star Map (usually it starts as floating for me)
* Minimize or dock to an existing panel.  It might crash here right away.
* If it doesn't, drag it back out into the main screen to float it again. I've never made it this far without a crash.

Let me know what details I can provide.  I have reproduced this on two different computers.

New, related: Map breaks when it is shrunk to a small box via docking it.

How I got to this:
I was facing this issue as well and didn'y look hard enough for this thread befoer posting a bug report. Until I accidently (mouse doubleclicked the title bar) did manage to dock the map to the bottom of the screen without hte game crashing. The map became highly distorted. Everything looked like squished text instead of stars/ship crosshair. I decided to finish what I was doing and go do domething else for a bit and see if issue persists.
After starting the game back up, opening the map freezes the game for minutes or longer. I wasnn't patient enough to wait for it to unfreeze.

Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uRn7SA8...sp=sharing

Opening map on either character freezes the game

Edit: It has been over an hour of the game being frozen.
I'm going to bed. Will check if it does anything in the morning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Docking/Undocking Star Map crashes Windows Client - by kajanov - 02-22-2023, 10:33 PM