Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
System Search from Starmap Freezes
(05-21-2022, 07:33 PM)Deadeye Wrote: The once so useful tool for searching surveyed systems for resources of a specific quality no longer functions. When the "Search Now" button is pressed the game crashes.
(05-21-2022, 08:13 PM)Haggis Wrote: Confirmed. The system search function (observatory icon in the star map) doesn't work since the last update. A few days ago all was fine. After the last update, the game crashes when using the search function.

Merged with existing bug report. See above posts for possible workaround.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I find the search does work, but you have to narrow the parameters and clear the cache occasionally.

Narrow the search by entering your galactic coordinates and setting a PC range. Only search one resource at a time. Set a quality range, increase or decrease as desired and search again.
I've done some more exploration yesterday and now I can't even search through any of the data I gathered because even with the following settings, my game crashes when I try to search.

I've tried it on both the main game and in commander, and it crashes both. It really sucks that this feature doesn't work combined with the ability to export starmap data being removed. It essentially means in order to look for systems that have high quality resources, I have to manually pour through 100+ system's resource lists.

Not sure why the xml export feature would be removed if the only alternative doesn't work 100% of the time - hopefully it was just an oversight.

In the meantime, does anyone have any tips to help improve my system search so it doesn't crash my game?

As a side note, the game took a little while longer to crash when I cleared the starmap, pulled only a couple sectors in from around me, and ignored unexplored sectors.. Still crashed though.

[Image: whlg0b.png]
[Image: ffoapb.gif]
Yeah that search tool can be buggy at times and is very sensitive. I find if you query something common first, the rest of the queries are rapid and work fine.

Here is how I use it and get it to work on a regular basis. 

1. Query star map, set for either galaxy or sector query per usual
2. Open in-game search tool
3. Press clear button
4. Pick something common like air Q1 or better
5. Do a search
6. Wait, if it does not crash you are golden. If it does, try a smaller query size from step 1
7. Press clear again and now setup the tool for what your really looking for.
8. Praise Haxus

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]