Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
System Search from Starmap Freezes

This has been discussed much on Discord. I'm surprised no one has started a thread here yet.

When attempting to use the system search tool from the star map it can freeze up even when starting with a clean search including only the resource type parameter. 

This normally requires you to "end task" to get out of it. The tool at this point is almost unusable. Without the 3rd party option we are left searching system by system from the map to find what we need.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

The tool is honestly worse than any 3rd party solution currently. When it worked the two times I could use it (all other times it does as above freezing until I have to kill the process) it just listed the systems. You still had to manually go through every body in the system to find where the resource was. Sure it's faster than doing it for every known system, but it's still poor. I don't even know if the systems are returned in a sorted order either. There is no way to just get a list of where the highest quality of each resource is, which is all I want out of such a thing personally.

Please bring back XML export in addition to fixing this. There is no reason we cannot have both. Just have a limit on how much it exports so once starmaps get too big we can do it in manageable chunks, since we can just manually merge XML together to get all systems.

I noticed today that "clear form" doesn't necessarily clear the form.

Scroll around and make sure your previous settings are actually cleared before setting new parameters.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

I am completely unable to search the starmap in either online or hazeron commander without crashing, even at ranged of 20 parsecs for a single materal.

I've got this to work again by renaming the Shores of Hazeron folder at C:\Users\YOURNAME\Shores of Hazeron and then letting the launcher download the files again. I bet the issue can be narrowed down to more specific files in the folder but this should work as a temporary fix.

EDIT: It's the "Temporary" folder in the Shores of Hazeron folder that seems to be the culprit. I've run into the bug again and then renamed that folder and that fixed it again.

(03-11-2022, 08:37 PM)ErwinB91 Wrote: I've got this to work again by renaming the Shores of Hazeron folder at C:\Users\YOURNAME\Shores of Hazeron and then letting the launcher download the files again. I bet the issue can be narrowed down to more specific files in the folder but this should work as a temporary fix.

EDIT: It's the "Temporary" folder in the Shores of Hazeron folder that seems to be the culprit. I've run into the bug again and then renamed that folder and that fixed it again.
After trying this and relaunching hazeron twice it still appears to be instantly freezing the program.

(03-12-2022, 06:49 AM)HankHelium Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 08:37 PM)ErwinB91 Wrote: I've got this to work again by renaming the Shores of Hazeron folder at C:\Users\YOURNAME\Shores of Hazeron and then letting the launcher download the files again. I bet the issue can be narrowed down to more specific files in the folder but this should work as a temporary fix.

After trying this and relaunching hazeron twice it still appears to be instantly freezing the program.
What did you do? Rename/delete the entire Shores of Hazeron folder located in C:\Users\YOURNAME\ or rename/delete the "Temporary" folder within that.

I haven't explored many systems, but I still can't get any info with the solar system search. Just freezes. Please bring back exporting to XML.

Deleting the temp files works, but I'd rather not need to do this.

Star 
The once so useful tool for searching surveyed systems for resources of a specific quality no longer functions. When the "Search Now" button is pressed the game crashes.

Confirmed. The system search function (observatory icon in the star map) doesn't work since the last update. A few days ago all was fine. After the last update, the game crashes when using the search function.