Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pirate Buildings have insanely high hitpoints

Bug 
[Image: 0tuAw0P.png]
[Image: 72mKD3D.png]

There is no way a 1795m3 or 38m3 Q16 building have almost 2 billion hitpoints. This surely is a bug?

(03-09-2022, 11:56 AM)martianant Wrote: [Image: 0tuAw0P.png]
[Image: 72mKD3D.png]

There is no way a 1795m3 or 38m3 Q16 building have almost 2 billion hitpoints. This surely is a bug?

I'm suprised this was not reported before honestly. Yes I've seen a lot of this ( Hazeron Starship )

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Can confirm, pirate base that spawned near me has 3 buildings with 2 billion hp each.

Edit: Seems to just be a display bug, a couple minutes of hitting one with ~5k damage beams destroyed it.

Yup, this does seem to be a display bug. Not sure how much damage I actually ended up having to deal, but it certainly wasn't 2 billion before it was destroyed. Still a bug, but thankfully not as bad of one!

A pirate base in my save is invincible.

The health bar appears to be empty. inversstigating with ` shows it has 264/600 HP firing at it does no damage.
attacking from orbit says I'b doing a little over 100 000 damage withj about 50k being absorbed.
building stays intact.

It is alos burning....

Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bCGng4O...sp=sharing

(03-07-2023, 01:10 PM)kajanov Wrote: A pirate base in my save is invincible.

The health bar appears to be empty. inversstigating with ` shows it has 264/600 HP firing at it does no damage.
attacking from orbit says I'b doing a little over 100 000 damage withj about 50k being absorbed.
building stays intact.

It is alos burning....

The buildings are not invincible. But there is a known bug with their health values. Usually you can blowup the building with a weapon bay from orbit if you shoot long enough. It is unknown if the insanely high health numbers shown on the weapon/sensor console is a visual bug or not, but some say you just need to keep attacking it until you score a few critical hits.

Merged with existing bug report. See above posts for details.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-07-2023, 03:32 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 01:10 PM)kajanov Wrote: A pirate base in my save is invincible.

building stays intact.

It is alos burning....

The buildings are not invincible. But there is a known bug with their heal values. Usually you can blowup the building with a weapon bay from orbit if you shoot long enough. It is unknown if the insanely high health numbers shown on the weapon/sensor console is a visual bug or not, but some say you just need to keep attacking it until you score a few critical hits.

Merged with existing bug report. See above posts for details.
I was not talking about the 2billion hitpoints of some of the bioldings. The one I was attacking showed 600, after 1 shot from my rifle 264/600 thne I hit it again and nothing happened. it stayed at 264/600 kept hitting it with rifle. fighter weapons and ship weapon bay to no avail. The health bar that shows ehwn I aim at it is empty. This is a completely differnt bug in my opinion.

(03-07-2023, 07:06 PM)kajanov Wrote: The health bar that shows ehwn I aim at it is empty. This is a completely differnt bug in my opinion.

I remember showing Haxus an issue with some building types having empty health bars a couple years ago. It might be unrelated to the other issues altogether. So there might be two or three different issues in your report.

Either way, it is best to just wait for Haxus to take a loot at it. You have supplied a save-game, so it should be easy for Haxus to take a look.

(03-07-2023, 07:47 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 07:06 PM)kajanov Wrote: The health bar that shows ehwn I aim at it is empty. This is a completely differnt bug in my opinion.

I remember showing Haxus an issue with some building types having empty health bars a couple years ago. It might me unrelated to the other issues altogether. So there might be two or three different issues in your report.

Either way, it is best to just wait for Haxus to take a loot at it. You have supplied a save-game, so it should be easy for Haxus to take a look.
As discussed with Deantwo on discord, the only bug was that there was another building that had the bilions of hitpoints on scanner bug. after destroying said building (guard tower) the military HQ that had an empty healthbar collapsed form burning down in a few seconds. but still a save game with the 2bilion htpoint guard tower is valid also ther eis a ship in orbit to test that it melts a lot more quickly than after bilions of damage.

Also the base is a few days old and never spawned a pirate ship, though I 've been in the system for only about 2 hours ion total. (ignoring offline time)

(03-08-2023, 03:35 PM)kajanov Wrote: Also the base is a few days old and never spawned a pirate ship, though I 've been in the system for only about 2 hours ion total. (ignoring offline time)

This might be attributed to (Bug report) Pirate Ship doesn't Defend Pirate Base. Pirate ship encounters don't trigger if you are inside the gravity well of a world. Even if that world has a pirate base.