Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NPC's EVA suits don't work

I have a colony where citizens are spawning then immediately dying. It's airless, but I have air supply, power, food, and EVA suits/helmets. Confirmed in city status that all are in stock, and no penalties to morale for missing them. Can provide info as to specific colony as needed, but I've seen a few others posting similar things.

To clarify, you mean while you are standing in the harsh environment city the NPC citizens that spawn around you are dying.

This has nothing to do with rather the city has food, air or power.

And you are sure it is an airless world? It doesn't have a corrosive atmosphere or something?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Yes, that's true, the random npc citizens are dying.

I'm sure it's airless, it's my first eludium moon.

Can confirm, multiple universe veteran. This is happening on my airless moon cities as well. A few things I observed:

NPC Citizens will spawn in
They will render wearing a EV Suit and Helmet
Helmet visor is closed

However when they die, the things on the ground will always be what they were carrying, their corpse remains, and the clothing item they had on. Never will they drop an EV suit or helmet. Which leads me to believe they are just rendering as having one equipped but do not mechanically have one equipped.

So the current airless moon bug that is killing citizens on airless moons which have plenty of oxygen and EV suits, and they render as having them equipped with closed helmet visors.

The same issue seems to randomly be affecting troops inside of spacecrafts.

I tested several times the following:

I opened the hull door and exited the spacecraft.
I selected one soldier and told him to close the door behind me.
He closed the door.
I waited a few seconds.
I open the hull door and walk back into the spacecraft.
Every troop aboard my vessel except the troop who was asked to close the door, were dead. Said troop also had a sliver of HP left.
Crewmen had EV suits on, but did not have their helmet visors closed. They received no damage and perfectly fine.

Tested this on exotic atmosphere planet in outer zone, same bug effects the citizens who spawn around you. So it is not tied to just airless moons it appears.

This bug exists on any non-habitable world. It also results in a city not growing and losing all it's population if you are nearby a building with any citizen spots, as the killed citizens subtract population from the city.

EDIT: This bug makes working on and helping in the construction of non-habitable worlds incredibly painful. As I was trying to expand a city, the entire population died off due to this bug.

Currently the city report lists citizens that died while they are physical around players as "X citizens died". This is confusing and has led to some confusions as seen in this thread.

I suggest the message gets changed to "X citizens died while out wandering the city" or something.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Can confirm this is still happening very frequently in the latest version of Hazeron Starship, I was near the airport building things and I noticed civilians start to spawn and die around me, despite their equipped EV suits and EV helmets being closed:

[Image: WUanZYE.jpeg]

Can confirm this from the city report too:
[Image: GSJ5j8m.png]
What even

This is certainly happening. I have all that is needed on the moon colony. Air, Food, ev suits, etc. Even have a storage tank for the air. I took 20 cryo people to the moon only to mysteriously die. Kind of need the materials there. Can't really get what i need with dead workers.
[Image: 23.jpg]