Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022-02-03 Hazeron Starship
My software makes no network connections in solo play mode.

It must be the Steam module. I would expect it to support whatever level of offline play is permitted.

I’ll do a little digging to see what I can find out.
Oh wait, I suppose a picture frame would still attempt to load the network resource to which it refers. That happens in the background using a web module so you would just see a blank picture; it would not cause a delay.
Steam uses cloud tech for caching. I always have trouble with their solo games on my laptop when the bars are low.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
Just wondering how one can go about getting a key for this, would love to try it.
Gonna echo a few others and ask if key requests for Starship are still open? I look forward to playing Hazeron again in either format.
Haxus,

Is there a way to speed up production and build times in the single player? It makes it a bit of a pain to have to keep the computer on with the game running 24/7 to accomplish big things.
Bug Report

Please be aware that the Avatar display function on the Hazeron Website contains information which can be used to extrapolate the position of every avatar. My understanding is that because the Avatar page on the website displays the Home planet/berth of an Avatar usually this information defaults to the Homeworld of a player. The Homeworld of player is by default named after the home system, which is named via a code which is directly related to the system's XYZ coordinates in the universe.

In the last online universe some players maintained awareness on many player's locations via recording their home system name and then calculating it's relative position. The bottom line is that you should remove this information from the avatar page and be on the lookout for similar information which could be used to figure out player position.

I think honestly you could remove the ability to view that Avatar information page from the website as I am not sure what Genuine purpose it could serve beyond providing tons of valuable info to competitors.
(02-21-2022, 01:51 AM)Phoenix Wrote: Bug Report

Please be aware that the Avatar display function on the Hazeron Website contains information which can be used to extrapolate the position of every avatar. My understanding is that because the Avatar page on the website displays the Home planet/berth of an Avatar usually this information defaults to the Homeworld of a player. The Homeworld of player is by default named after the home system, which is named via a code which is directly related to the system's XYZ coordinates in the universe.

In the last online universe some players maintained awareness on many player's locations via recording their home system name and then calculating it's relative position. The bottom line is that you should remove this information from the avatar page and be on the lookout for similar information which could be used to figure out player position.

I think honestly you could remove the ability to view that Avatar information page from the website as I am not sure what Genuine purpose it could serve beyond providing tons of valuable info to competitors.

To add to this, I think you should make any avatar's page only showing minor informations like money, political title, physical informations but no stats. They could be used for a character description. Could be nice to get some public empire description too.
Ah and get rid of "online avatars" too, there has been too much abuse for what it adds (you can especially make a program that scans the page and send a notification when someone is online/offline, so you can attack whenever it favors you.)
(02-21-2022, 07:54 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Could be nice to get some public empire description too.

I remember making a suggestion thread about something like that one. Webpages for empires similar to the ones we have for avatars (or maybe even a replacement for them).

Instead of just auto generated stats it would be nice to have empire description we write ourselves. That way we can give information about diplomat contact, recruiter contact, links (with "no-follow") to empire's private forums or other things, and so on.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(02-21-2022, 09:21 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 07:54 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Could be nice to get some public empire description too.

I remember making a suggestion thread about something like that one. Webpages for empires similar to the ones we have for avatars (or maybe even a replacement for them).

Instead of just auto generated stats it would be nice to have empire description we write ourselves. That way we can give information about diplomat contact, recruiter contact, links (with "no-follow") to empire's private forums or other things, and so on.

A direct link to a wiki page could work too.