Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Small Immersion Improvements

(01-14-2022, 12:26 AM)Vivalas Wrote: Ship Servicing

I have always wanted some sort of scaffolding to appear around a spacecraft while it is being repaired or upgraded. Since the ship can't do anything while the repair timer is going, it would be nice with an outside visual indication too.

(01-14-2022, 12:26 AM)Vivalas Wrote: NPC Starships / Civilian Activity
(01-14-2022, 03:24 AM)Yurk Embassy Wrote: Helicopters flying between cities of a same world, or small transporters travelling between your space station and cities, would be a great sight to see, though; after all, if NPCs are able to man helms, why not small vehicles (which is why I'd also tend to agree with your point about fighters)? But there again, civilian trafic for the sake of aesthetics may cause unnecessary lagging if not backed up with the proper level of optimisation.

Haxus has said that a spacecraft being commanded by a NPC officer consumes as many server resources as a player does doing the same activity. So likely not something you would want to just spawn without actual purpose.

I have always liked the idea of helicopters or space transports (or whatever other aircraft or space vehicles we will be able to design with the future vehicle designer) traveling between airports of a solar system. Even more so if we got a "flight path"/taxi service we can use to be flown between airports.

Haxus once mentioned that he wants to add trade ship encounters for when a player is in a system along a shipment trade route. Allowing us to plunder them if we want. Can definitely see more fun opportunities for encounters like that, such as marooned trade ships or repelling pirate attacks.

(01-14-2022, 12:26 AM)Vivalas Wrote: Ship Maintenance
(01-14-2022, 09:06 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Haxus is all for simplifying designs, so I don't think it would be that useful (nor doable).
It could be something like sub-consoles for slaving crew to each console, or adding a new "crew" console. But it shouldn't be too much crew or it will be overly complex and lag out / waste some space of the server.

I actually like this idea of needing worker bee crewmen. As long as it doesn't cost a lot of server resources to have the added crew, since I know a spacecraft with many many troops will cause a lot of lag.

The idea of generic "crew console" seems nice for this, so they don't just stand around. If not all crew consoles are manned the ship can get some performance penalties similar to how the engineering console works.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
Small Immersion Improvements - by Vivalas - 01-14-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by Wincil - 01-14-2022, 10:57 AM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by Deantwo - 01-14-2022, 06:32 PM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by Chronovore - 03-23-2022, 03:16 PM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by GaelicVigil - 03-27-2022, 01:17 PM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by Deantwo - 03-27-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by GaelicVigil - 03-27-2022, 05:57 PM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by Deantwo - 03-27-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Small Immersion Improvements - by GaelicVigil - 03-27-2022, 11:34 PM