Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ship self destructs if game wasn't played for around a month
If the game wasn't played for around a month, upon joining a message appears from crew that time's up for self destruct, even though no order for it was given.
First time this happened, I heard explosion upon loading in. My ship had around 10% hull health. Still had fuel, but no crew inside. Ended up falling on a house and staying here.
Second time this happened, ship was in the orbit. No response to system hail. Probably same thing happened, but without corrosion.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Decay#Spacecraft_Decay

My best guess is that "Crew Mutiny" is the cause, assuming it is controlled by timestamp? Maybe "Crew Mutiny" should be disabled in Hazeron Starship, or at least redesigned to be more interesting for a singleplayer game.

You can try and check your mail for status reports from the ship, maybe they will tell you what happened with the self destructs.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Mail reads "I have fallen in line of duty" and "Ship lost". Again, ship is still in orbit. Following wiki page, sounds like mutiny, but game gives no clear indication that this is mutiny. Sad that time outside game only applies to crew.
Controlled by timestamps you mean game checks save date and compares it with current date?
Since the "Crew Mutiny" feature was never meant to be run on a universe that wasn't online for a full month, it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't give any information.

A ship with an officer is supposed to make ship log status mails to the chain of command, but if the universe isn't running those mails aren't generated at all. When the universe is suddenly booted up the "Crew Mutiny" likely takes effect before the first ship log status mail can even be generated.

So there is likely no way to fix this, aside from booting up the game once per month to hail the Fleet and Company channels. Or wait for Haxus to disable "Crew Mutiny" in an update, but given his hiatus that might take a very long time.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Finally makes sense. Hope Haxus returns soon. :(
Still having decay in solo is the most annoying ting that game ever had and is totally a game kill for me.
(01-11-2022, 04:23 AM)Norm49 Wrote: Still having decay in solo is the most annoying ting that game ever had and is totally a game kill for me.

Yeah it needs to go away. What it is implemented is not even working correctly to begin with. 

https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2596

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(01-09-2022, 09:42 PM)Zorik5720389 Wrote: If the game wasn't played for around a month, upon joining a message appears from crew that time's up for self destruct, even though no order for it was given.
First time this happened, I heard explosion upon loading in. My ship had around 10% hull health. Still had fuel, but no crew inside. Ended up falling on a house and staying here.
Second time this happened, ship was in the orbit. No response to system hail. Probably same thing happened, but without corrosion.

I had the same issue
I haven't encountered single player decay yet, was never able to play long enough to notice. The 2 second controls input delay on ships was enough to kill singleplayer for me. There should have been no percievable latency at all running locally.