Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game crashes at load in (solved)

(11-22-2020, 09:26 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:14 PM)Greydog Wrote: Which leads me to my second issue; I cannot get ringworlds to load up without crashing to desktop. My question here is similar ... what is the difference between a ringworld and a regular planet, what there could cause one to load up and the other to ctd?

Ringworld maps are just really really big, it's the only difference. It takes my computer about 2-3 seconds to render the map.
(i7-4770, 32GB RAM, GFX: AMD R9 380 4GB, Win 10 Pro 1909)

[Image: Shores-of-Hazeron-Kjo7he-Mu-Bp.png]

It looks like it might be a problem with the RTX 2070 graphics card. I know they have had a nasty track record with hardware issues since it was released back in 2018. They've gone through countless driver updates to try and stabilize the card. Are you sure you have completely cleaned/removed the old drivers?

You could try running the latest DDU. This tool is excellent for completely cleaning drivers. 
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis...nload.html

I was advised to look thru the 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel the other day .. In 3D settings > Manage 3d settings tab, there is the option to enable/disable OpenGL for the RTX 2070 Super. It is set to disabled by default so I enabled it. I have finally found a ringworld in Starship to test it on, and it seems that it was the issue. This ringworld and my map work as intended now.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Nice! And a simple fix at that.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

(01-31-2022, 03:07 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Nice! And a simple fix at that.

Yeah, I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't look there back when I was "looking at everything" ..lol
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!