Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Haxus / SoH Status?
Sad 
Even though, for reasons unknown to me, Haxus is absolutely unavailable - I now classify the game as dead. I had very high hopes when the announcement for Steam was published. The possibility FINALLY for years to make your own server / co-op server - in vain.

I still hope that nothing bad has happened to Haxus.

~bd95cff0 
He's dead, Jim
Last thing Haxus told me was that he was taking break. I asked him to post an announcement about it on the forum so I wasn't the only one that knew about it, but he hasn't posted anything yet.

As for how long this break might be, I have no idea, as the word "indefinitely" was used.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Apparently, he is into gates atm.  There goes the plan of yoinking the servers. Confused
(07-23-2021, 12:39 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Last thing Haxus told me was that he was taking break. I asked him to post an announcement about it on the forum so I wasn't the only one that knew about it, but he hasn't posted anything yet.

As for how long this break might be, I have no idea, as the word "indefinitely" was used.

This is very unpleasant - the statement is a bit vague, but he is not a giant corporation, but a single developer with his own game. Let's hope that something will happen soon and above all that he is in good health.
Maybe he doesn't care as much anyone. Your dream project not taking off for over 10 years, especially when it has potential, can take a toll. (Though, some of that was kind of his own fault...)
All things aside that's actually a pretty cool DIY project, and that website is neato.
I do still hold out some faint hope for an open sourced version eventually, I hope that Haxus will release the code if he isn't inclined to do any more work on it.

Making the code public would probably kill all hope of monetizing it especially well, but at least the project would get a chance to live on in some form.
I am still thankful for the time we did have in this vast procedurally generated universe. I still struggle to find anything as entertaining as it was in the good old days. Wishing Haxus and his well back in the real universe.
If he's taking a break then I have no problem with it - I feared he might be dead.

The only thing I would have wanted is a beta key, just to continue exploring this endless universe and making nice ships.