Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Better commodity trash functions
I'm quite sure this has been suggested over and over again and I only spent a few seconds checking but I could not find it. 

This is kind of two suggestions in one.

1. Trash Max Button - When trashing commodities in a city, add a "max" button (location in the red area bellow perhaps) so the highest value can be automatically entered into the quantity field instead of typing the number out each time.
[Image: MWLs-OHk-B06.png]

2. Stockpile management - This one is more involved. Create a new UI dialog window that allows for querying all the commodities from every building automatically in a city in one window. Then allow for trashing any quantity from that total dynamically. Meaning every building in a city that has the commodity should trash the item if requested.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Agreed, having to type the number each time to delete is pretty annoying, and also it'd be great if we could manage total city stockpiles somehow! Having to run around each building checking if it has old QL of something is pretty tedious
What even
(04-01-2021, 11:20 AM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: 1. Trash Max Button - When trashing commodities in a city, add a "max" button (location in the red area bellow perhaps) so the highest value can be automatically entered into the quantity field instead of typing the number out each time.

I still don't know why we need to type an amount at all. When would you ever need to trash a small amount of a stack? When I want to trash something, it is normally every last item in the selected stack.

5000 Q90 Computers? You need to make room for the Q255 Computers you can now make, so lets trash 100 Computers, right? Wrong, I always want all of the bad Computers gone forever, right now.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(04-01-2021, 05:06 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 11:20 AM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: 1. Trash Max Button - When trashing commodities in a city, add a "max" button (location in the red area bellow perhaps) so the highest value can be automatically entered into the quantity field instead of typing the number out each time.

I still don't know why we need to type an amount at all. When would you ever need to trash a small amount of a stack? When I want to trash something, it is normally every last item in the selected stack.

5000 Q90 Computers? You need to make room for the Q255 Computers you can now make, so lets trash 100 Computers, right? Wrong, I always want all of the bad Computers gone forever, right now.

True indeed. Why keep any of those Q90 Computers  Big Grin

Also! I just remembered that when you want to jettison cargo on a ship it always uses the max amount. 
If that could just be done that would be perfect if it acted the same way in a city.

I would still like to see suggestion two along side of the above underlined.

Quality of life: Building tab, stock management

Why?

This is painful to getting rid of unwanted items stored in buildings, because we loose focus on items almost every second, and plus of that you have to select the exact number of resources.

But here is the problem: when you step up in quality, you'll have plenty of shit-tier furniture using all your precious storage. You have to trash it.

How?

Here is an idea to improve this tab.

[Image: unknown.png]

Four buttons were added, it is self explained, but to be sure:
  • Trash/take all items will trash/take the whole stack of highlighted items, regardless of the amount specified.
  • Transfer all items in spacecraft will take all items in building and transfer it into your hold instead of your backpack. Your ship requires to be docked to the ground or the station.
    - But, buying things no longer cost money?No, you're the absolute emperor; YOU are the one who rule the plebian. You are already allowed to kill and steal, why the fuck would you buy some furniture you're needing? That sounds heresy to me.This is a manual step, traders, harvesters and else will still require money to buy and sell, because officers aren't the mighty emperor. At most they are flag material.
  • Trash all items in building, 100% self explained.
Agreed on all the buttons, and the most annoying part for me is how you lose focus on the selected item every time the stock updates. Makes it almost impossible to withdraw a specific amount of something
What even
Yep. This is a great idea

(04-19-2022, 07:31 PM)Xantheose Wrote: Quality of life: Building tab, stock management

This is a duplicate. Merged with old idea thread.

I don't see why you would ever need to trash less than the whole selected stack. So just need a track stack button for that in my opinion.

A button for taking all items in a stack sounds like a great way to crash the servers. That issue should be fixed, trying too take thousands of commodities just shouldn't be possible.
I wouldn't be against having only a "take one" button. Unless it is food or ammo, i rarely need to take more than a few of an item, which seem fine to just require you to press the button that many times.

The selection resetting whenever the building's inventory is updated is however extremely annoying, would love to see that fixed. It just needs to reselect the same row again if the stack still exist.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(04-26-2022, 12:26 AM)Deantwo Wrote: A button for taking all items in a stack sounds like a great way to crash the servers. That issue should be fixed, trying too take thousands of commodities just shouldn't be possible.
I obviously implied that it was within the limit of the space available in the inventory. There is absolutely no reason to trop a billion trash on the floor.

(04-26-2022, 12:26 AM)Deantwo Wrote: The selection resetting whenever the building's inventory is updated is however extremely annoying, would love to see that fixed. It just needs to reselect the same row again if the stack still exist.
Yeah that would be great