Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Targoss Dead, Tutorial Doesn't Restart.

I decided to give Starship a try in preparation for Shore's coming back. 

I had stepped away from the camp before Targoss arrived to kill a critter then went and grabbed a beverage, when I got back Targoss and I were both dead. I decided to just gather up some resources and get started started instead of restarting the Tut. When I logged in this morning I decided to go ahead and test the tut anyway to find that there was no dialog to double click and restarting the story did not bring him back.

Silver lining is I get to start with a Targoss skin suit ;)
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

(01-20-2022, 05:37 PM)Greydog Wrote: when I got back Targoss and I were both dead.

Targoss is invulnerable while the tutorial story is active, so it is impossible for him to have died unless the tutorial story ended. If the tutorial story ended, it might have been through you saying you didn't need help, in which case Targoss won't come back to bother you.

Make a new avatar if you want Targoss's tutorial story.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Well, If it wasn't Targoss it was another, there were two carcass's laying there.

..and that would be disappointing as I do like a good Targoss skin suit ;) (I made a knapsack out of mine ..lol)

Either way, the tut didn't restart. I'm not worried, there will be other opportunities to test it.

*edit* .. In thinking about this I'm wondering how the quest did go away. It's possible I hit the wrong dialog at some point, there was a moment of chaos that ensued as I sat down.

Which brings up the point that maybe the tutorial quests should never go away entirely. Maybe they should be repeatable and able to restart at any point.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!