Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game won't launch on linux
I use debian based system. Previously, I was able to launch SOH, but now I'm unable to start Starship. All needed program packages listed in old download page are installed.
how are you trying to launch the game?

running on linux mint 19, hazeron runs fine once you go into the compatibility tab under properties (right click on hazeron starship in your steam library), and tell it to use proton experimental.

Not sure if this will work on your distro, but it works for mine
(03-15-2021, 12:42 AM)RawrDotFlac Wrote: how are you trying to launch the game?

running on linux mint 19, hazeron runs fine once you go into the compatibility tab under properties (right click on hazeron starship in your steam library), and tell it to use proton experimental.

I was launching without compatibility mode, since I never heard about it before. After trying to use proton experimental and proton 5-3-... game launches, but it crashes after pressing "Make avatar".
(03-15-2021, 12:42 AM)RawrDotFlac Wrote: how are you trying to launch the game?

Recently moved from Debian based distro to Arch based. Game finally runs. Way smother than windows. What's weird, only on Linux it has inbuilt support for automatic saves backups.
Running it through Proton turned out to be a horrible idea, especially when it runs fine natively. Such problems appeared only on Proton: sound is very compressed, crew can't fly straight from point A to point B, constantly stops and realigns ship(can't even reach destination, always flies past it at warp speed), no backup support, crew is way slower and stupid(Takes 5 minutes to walk to destination, instead of 10 seconds. Barely listen to orders at all.), etc.