Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upscale parts of the game up 10x or back to 1:1

(03-05-2021, 02:09 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: I don't see the reason.
In MMO game, you could send orders and go to sleep. Your crew will complete. Eventually.
In solo game, your universe only runs when game runs. Making any processes unnecessarily long would only impede on playability or require gameplay changes into progressquest area.

Part of the suggestion is to upscale engine speeds too. So travel times will be exactly the same. It's a cosmetic thing in the end. Now I know it's "Solo" but I'm also hoping/planning my suggestions based on that Haxus might make it possible to host the game. Either as a dedicated server via a command line launch option for the solo game or host direct from the GUI at launch.

You know as well as I do that once this game is released a lot of people are going to want this to be multiplayer capable. The code is already there so it would be a waste not to utilize it. Having dedicated servers all over the place is a good thing

In No Mans Sky when it first came out, it was hugely disappointing for a number of reasons. One of those reasons, planets were practically on top of each other in star systems. It looked really janky. In Hazeron, large star systems look really good (like the one below). Small systems have always felt off to me. 

EDIT: For reference it takes my 250m/s ship about 1:30 - 2 minutes to travel to any planet in this system. The views while approaching large bodied planets are really nice. 

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-Yx01c-P2-HQ2.png]

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upscale parts of the game up 10x or back to 1:1 - by Rockinsince87 - 03-06-2021, 12:48 PM