Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021-02-24 Blueprint Exchange
Blueprint Exchange
Someone asked if I would make all the blueprints available from the last universe.

Unfortunately I cannot do that. Those blueprints belong to their respective architects. I do not have any implicit or stated right to do anything with them.

Instead I created a public Blueprint Exchange on the web site. Architects who wish to do so can publish their blueprints as they wish.

Published blueprints are public. They immediately become available for anyone to download.

There is no way to rate blueprints in the public exchange.

An update was posted to the game program. When SoH files are saved, the current view content is saved with the file for the thumbnail image. Previously, this seemed to be hit or miss whether the file contained the thumbnail.

For a blueprint to show best in the exchange, it should be loaded with the current version of the designer. Then you should refresh obstructions; finalizing is not needed. The obstructions information is used to calculate the hull volume. Then resave the .SoH file and it is ready to be published in the exchange.
Thank you for doing this! It will be a good way to learn the ship designer.
Thank you Haxus!

[Image: tumblr_n1vni3szcL1rrx588o1_250.gif]

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Would it be possible to add some sort of mass-publish functionality to the game? I ask because having to manually finalize and publish 100+ different building designs for use is a bit... tedious, especially given that new universes reset the exchange
What even
(02-25-2021, 08:42 PM)Celarious Wrote: Would it be possible to add some sort of mass-publish functionality to the game? I ask because having to manually finalize and publish 100+ different building designs for use is a bit... tedious, especially given that new universes reset the exchange

I believe you can publish more than one at a time? The issue is having to finalize each blueprint individually.

Definitely would be nice with a way to just drop the blueprint files into a folder, and then have the game auto-import them when it starts. Or at least it should then have an one-click option to import a blueprint file.
This would make integration with Steam Workshop easier too probably. Since it is my understanding that Steam Workshop basically just downloads files onto your computer, and then keeps them updated.
But all this might benefit from some general simplification changes to how blueprint files are handled. Maybe I should write up a longer description of what I have in mind, but since I don't have actual experience with it it might be a lot of assumptions.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Bug 
Thank you for this option. Nice to have the chance to use blueprints of orher architects again and share some of my one creations or modifications.

Seems like Blueprints made with the designer in old SOH (online Version) don't work with the blueprint exchange in Hazeron starship. Old files are "binary" and new ones are "program" file type.
Only way to integrate the old blueprint files in the game was building a design studio, load and resave the file from the blueprint game folder, save a copy into the blueprint library and then publish them in the blueprint exchange ingame.

I'm using Linux Mint 19.1 and running the game via SteamPlay with Proton 5.13-6.
(02-26-2021, 12:17 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 08:42 PM)Celarious Wrote: Would it be possible to add some sort of mass-publish functionality to the game? I ask because having to manually finalize and publish 100+ different building designs for use is a bit... tedious, especially given that new universes reset the exchange

Definitely would be nice with a way to just drop the blueprint files into a folder, and then have the game auto-import them when it starts. Or at least it should then have an one-click option to import a blueprint file.

Yeah it's having to finalize them one by one which sucks, and takes ages. Some kinda auto-import to the exchange would be good as you mentioned
What even
(02-26-2021, 04:03 PM)Celarious Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:17 PM)Deantwo Wrote:

Yeah it's having to finalize them one by one which sucks, and takes ages. Some kinda auto-import to the exchange would be good as you mentioned

I hate to suggest this only because it's a decent amount of work on Haxus's part to pull this off. Perhaps having a "Publish to Web Repository" function built in would simply things. It would also then suggest to have the possibility to browse said repository from within the game.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Couldn't the blueprint exchange still be implemented as before, but connect to this utility instead of being generated by the internal game servers that no longer exist?
We should have a mesh or other exchange. For example some one a ship part like room and all ways. We should have a place for this.