Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game steals mouse during loading
After selecting an avatar and loading into the universe, while the universe loads with the limbo animation, the game yoinks control of the mouse, regardless of what window or monitor it's on, and repeatedly re-steals it making it impossible to move the mouse around until the scene has fully loaded. This is extremely noticeable on long loading saves. It's fine after the scene loads in, where the game properly releases control
What even
(02-22-2021, 09:55 AM)Celarious Wrote: After selecting an avatar and loading into the universe, while the universe loads with the limbo animation, the game yoinks control of the mouse, regardless of what window or monitor it's on, and repeatedly re-steals it making it impossible to move the mouse around until the scene has fully loaded. This is extremely noticeable on long loading saves. It's fine after the scene loads in, where the game properly releases control

Very much confirmed. Same thing happens to me.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Was happening in Shores of Hazeron for years. Since last time Haxus messed with the mouse code I think.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
True, though it's way more noticeable in starship due to the longer load times at "login"
What even
(02-22-2021, 09:55 AM)Celarious Wrote: After selecting an avatar and loading into the universe, while the universe loads with the limbo animation, the game yoinks control of the mouse, regardless of what window or monitor it's on, and repeatedly re-steals it making it impossible to move the mouse around until the scene has fully loaded. This is extremely noticeable on long loading saves. It's fine after the scene loads in, where the game properly releases control
Back in SOH had same issue on windows, but not on linux.
can confirm this does not seem to be a linux issue (Mint 19)
Agreed - It is more noticeable now.
(03-05-2021, 12:08 AM)Snowmantis Wrote: Agreed - It is more noticeable now.

For me it's intermittent. But yes when it does steal it it's annoying.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]