Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021-02-19 Dimensions, Mantifloss, Story Asteroid

I tried to use the intergalactic wormhole between the SoH Galaxy and the In'Kar Border Region Galaxy. Unfortunately this resulted in my character entering into a "limbo" state where I can only see a background of stars and a subtle effect over it. This is similar to what I saw on the live server when a character was stuck in limbo.

I would also note that travelling long distances at this point in the beta is very difficult. I must have attempted to launch my ship from the starting cluster to the center of the galaxy 20-30 times and I was only successful twice. In my experience I found that the game was usually fine if I was there to move the controls every so often (I did this in both my successful attempts) however the game was prone to freeze if left unattended for the 6-7 hours required to travel to the galactic center at warp 9. I have no idea what causes this issue, but it is highly frustrating as the game reverts to the last manual save point when it crashes like this. Hence why I needed to attempt the journey 20-30 times.

At this point I cannot recommend other players try to make the journey to the galactic center. Overall it was very difficult to successfully complete and ultimately I am not sure if transitioning to another galaxy is feasible at the moment. Crossing so much territory has caused my save to be pretty unstable as well. The game sometimes crashes unexpectedly and takes sometimes 5-10 minutes to load in.

To end on a positive note I would like to say that I greatly appreciate your efforts so far and willingness to let us share in the beta. I also appreciate the ability to use another avatar to build colonies or whatever while another is in transit. I am not a person to make complaints without a suggestion to solve the issue, so please consider this as an option. I think perhaps the size of the galaxies should be reduced in order to simplify these types of issues and reduce journey time to the galactic center. I'm not sure if there is a compelling gameplay reason for the journey to be 6-7 hours rather than something like 1 hour.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021-02-19 Dimensions, Mantifloss, Story Asteroid - by Phoenix - 02-20-2021, 05:10 AM