Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-03-29 Building Blueprint Multiple Intended Uses

Building Blueprint Multiple Intended Uses
Often a building works well for more than one industry. It was requested that blueprints allow multiple intended industries, instead of just one.

Building blueprints now enable multiple intended industries to be specified.

This is helpful when designing a blueprint for a particular industry. The analysis report gives error messages if the blueprint does not work for any of the intended industries.

This is also helpful when constructing buildings. The Construction window can limit blueprint selections to those intended for the industry being built. That reduces the number of blueprints listed in the combo box of choices.

French Translation Status
The translators are finished, awaiting final review. I received the translated files yesterday. They look great, as far as I can tell without being able to read or speak French.

I expect one more round of updates with them, particularly due to the dialog box that was added to specify multiple intended uses of a building blueprint. There have also been a few other minor tweaks.

The next update after this one will likely include the French translation.

(03-29-2023, 04:04 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building Blueprint Multiple Intended Uses

Awesome! This will help a lot with the building blueprints on the Steam Workshop.

There will however be people that might need to update their blueprints now, and I don't think there is a way to do that yet. Currently we have to delete the old Steam Workshop blueprint and upload a new one, which will break the subscription to the Steam Workshop blueprint and any Steam Workshop collections that use it.

The existing blueprint in save-games would likely need a way to mark a blueprint as "obsolete", and stop showing it on the construction window. And then the new version of the Steam Workshop blueprint can be added to the save-game. Bonus points if blueprints marked as "obsolete" can be deleted from the save-game once there are no more existing buildings using it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

This is fantastic, I should now be able to create a very generic set of cubes without uploading the same cube over and over again

(03-29-2023, 05:37 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-29-2023, 04:04 PM)Haxus Wrote: Building Blueprint Multiple Intended Uses
There will however be people that might need to update their blueprints now, and I don't think there is a way to do that yet. Currently we have to delete the old workshop item and upload a new one, which will break the subscription to the workshop item and any workshop collections that use it.

Yeah this is the issue I see, some of Henri's designs are multi-purpose and thus would need to be modified to list multiple intended industries and then re-uploaded with all the old ones unpublished, which might take a while
What even