Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021-02-16 Startup Scenarios, Story Dialog, Sounds, Bug Fixes

(02-16-2021, 08:09 PM)Haxus Wrote: Saved Games
The function to clear saved games does not work.

A few changes related to saved games were made.
  • Fixed the function to clear saved games.
  • Fixed update of saved games list when cleared.
  • Replaced the dialog with a popup menu, when clicking on a saved game. Options: Restore, Delete, Delete All Save Points.

Save games? plural?
Save points?
Restore save same?
I am not totally sure what you mean by all that. It seems to contradict my understanding of how the client handles the save game.

You have explained it as the client creating a new save game when you first start it. And then you generate the universe in that save game with the random seed "42". Any avatars then created will spawn in that save game's universe. Is that not correct?

(02-16-2021, 08:29 PM)Haxus Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 08:20 PM)Vooker525 Wrote: Temporary files folder contains player universe files and all progress is lost if that folder is removed, though "readme" tells that its safe to remove it
I made a note to add a setting for the saved games location.

I mentioned this in an email or two as well. Having the save game inside the Temporary folder is really bad.

I would suggest just making the default location for the save game into a folder alongside the Temporary folder. But an option to save it elsewhere seems like a nice idea.

Also if you are moving things from the temporary folder, maybe you can move the comm transcripts out too? Not as important in a singleplayer setting, but I just never liked having those saved there either.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021-02-16 Startup Scenarios, Story Dialog, Sounds, Bug Fixes - by Deantwo - 02-17-2021, 12:07 AM