Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spaecraft Helm input lag

The title says it.
There seems to be a 1-2 second input lag on the spacecraft helm.  
Movement takes a bit to start, and takes about that long to stop after a control is released.

This is noted on the 64-bit Windows client. Does anyone experiencing this on other OSs?

I have reported the same issue a couple weeks ago too.

It only seem to happen to spacecraft helm controls.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Good to know it's reported, figured it should be here too.

I've noticed it's not just input lag. There seems to be lag regarding ship acceleration as well. 

I've noticed this behavior whether I was piloting or not. What first tipped me off was when I ordered my crew to orbit a planet across the system. The ship came in way to fast that they had to circle around like crazy. So I took the helm and manually tried to stop the ship. That's when I noticed the deacceleration was way way to slow. I was only going 13000 m/s. It took me 5 minutes to stop. 

Using a ship with gravity drive 250 m/s.

I did quite a few test accelerations from 0 to 1000.
Only a few times did the ship actually reach this speed in 4 seconds as expected.

In some of the tests it took as much as 47 seconds to reach this speed! 

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Nevermind about my issue. Turns out it's a bug but an odd one. 

I had built my spaceship using rocket drive modules. I then swapped the module with a gravity drive one after the fact, apparently that kind of swap does not work correctly. I took the same blueprint and simply swapped the module and built a new version of the ship, the speed issue I was mentioning was gone.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]